Jabkat, Home Buyer in 60062

What is the property at 1836 Kiest Ave, Northbrook worth?

Asked by Jabkat, 60062 Wed May 11, 2011

Answers

4
Kati Spaniak, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 10, 2012
Hi, jabkat

I just saw your post and wanted to let you know that the market in the greenbriar school district is super hot right now. If you are seriously considering buying in that area, you may want to connect with an agent soon. For example, agents have what is called 'pocket listings' these are homes that will be coming on the market within the next week or so.

By working with an agent. He or she can let you know about the pockets before they hit the mls.

I only sell homes in northbrook, and I grew up here. So I have a strong understaning of the town, street by street. if you are looking for more information about northbrook, I'd be happy to talk to you. Good luck with your search!

Kati Spaniak
@properties
847.533.9247
Katispaniak.com
Katispaniak@atproperties.com
Skunkriver, Home Owner, Northbrook, IL
Mon May 7, 2012
The house is currently for sale now and is a wonderful example of a family block with lots of kids and a great location so close to the trains, parks and of course walking to the entire downtown area. It has beautiful redwood siding and a breezy porch to enjoy on the summer nights. There is a spa shower system in the master bath. There is a deck for entertaining and an upstairs private balcony to relax. There is laundry on the second floor for your convenience. Look at the low, low taxes. This is a great way to save overall. District 28 and of course Glenbrook North HS.
Dayle Lively, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu May 12, 2011
Hello Jabkat,

As you know, 1836 Kiest is under contract, but a house on the same street, 1814 Kiest, sold within the past year for $495,500. It was on a slightly larger lot, similarly updated, had an extra bedroom in the basement, but had 2 full baths and one half bath as opposed to the 3 full baths that 1836 Kiest has.

In case you're not familiar with the school system in Northbrook, there are multiple elementary school districts (K-8), most of which feed into Glenbrook North High School. The houses on Kiest are in District 28, which includes several different neighborhoods-- many are near the central downtown area of Northbrook on Shermer Road, where the train station, restaurants and businesses are located--a draw for many buyers. To give you a feel for the current market in District 28, there are 27 homes with 3 bedrooms and at least 2 full baths now for sale, ranging in price from $199,900-$729,000; 24 of them are under $530,000. They include a variety of styles--split level, 2 story, and ranch homes. In the past 12 months, 30 homes of that size sold in District 28, ranging in selling price from $206,000-$721,000; 25 were under $500,000.

Please let me know if you'd like information about Northbrook homes that might meet your criteria.

Dayle Lively

847-507-8832
Linda Dressl…, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Wed May 11, 2011
It is currently contingent under the attorney review portion of the contract. It was for sale for: $439,400. Your Realtor should be able to perform a Curent Market Analysis (CMA) on the property. If you aren't currently working with a Realtor® please feel free to contact me.

Thank you & Good luck!