What is the process to subdivide lots in Marshfield Hills, I own 2.5 acres with only 100 feet of frontage I am thinking of selling the house with 1

Asked by Moving On, Marshfield, MA Tue Feb 16, 2010

acre and holding on to or selling the other land separately

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Richard Power, Agent, Scituate, MA
Wed May 12, 2010
It may be impossible to give you an accurate answer without more information. Marshfield zoning requirements, as they relate to frontage and lot size, vary depending on which part of town you are located. An R-1 zone requires 125' of frontage along with specific side and rear yard setbacks. I have 11 years of Zoning experience in Marshfield as a member of the Zoning Board of Appeals and I'd welcome the opportunity to review your information and provide some guidance.


Dick Power
J. O'Gara Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.richardfpower.com
0 votes
Lisabrownsel…, , Hanover, MA
Fri Mar 19, 2010
You will definitely need to have the land surveyed.

Here is the contact information:
Contact: Narice A. Casper, II
Zoning Aide
Michael Clancy
Zoning Code Enforcement Officer
Address: 870 Moraine Street
Marshfield, MA 02050
Phone: 781-834-5557
Hours: Monday 2 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. - No office hours on meeting days
Wednesday 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
0 votes
Elizabeth He…, Agent, Agawam, MA
Tue Feb 16, 2010
You really need to check with the Zoning Board of your town and have your land surveyed.

Here's the nummber for Marshfield Zoning Board of Appeals: 781-834-5557
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Marshfield Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more