What is the process for lease to own property? And is this process still legal?

Asked by Nisha, Cedar Hill, TX Fri Jun 8, 2012

I very interested in purchasing a home. I have money for a down payment but have not been at my current job very long and am afraid I will denied by lenders. I have heard about lease to own options. I am very interested in this option but I dont know much about, and I dont want to be ripped off or scammed. Please help

Answers

2
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Jun 9, 2012
This subject is far too complicated to answer in this forum. You will most definitely get ripped off if you go blindly into such a transaction without having every "i" dotted and every "t" crossed. Educate yourself as much as possible and then hire competent legal counsel to assist you in drafting the documents once you've located a suitable property. Keep in mind that lease options are not as prevalent as they once were due to legislation that places huge burdens on sellers who sell real property under these types of transactions.
Thanks a lot. I have several questions. I understand that this is a complicated subject. You seem to have a lot of information. Is there a way that I can contact you for more information?
Flag Sun Jun 10, 2012
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Hi nisha,

You are asking a very valid question. Most lenders requires you have a one year min work history.

You can email me for my lender contact, they are very good working with brorrowers who just got into the workforce.

You can email me at dixondfw@gmail.com.

Dixon
JP and associate realtors
http://Www.findyourtexashome.com
Dixondfw@gmail.com
214-519-9493