Home Buying in Kansas City>Question Details

Carletta Tem…, Real Estate Pro in Kansas City, MO

What is the number one thing a buyer looks for in an agent?

Asked by Carletta Temple, Kansas City, MO Tue Jun 5, 2012

I know there are several things a client expects from their agent but I am interested in knowing what is that number one quality a buyer client is looking for in an agent. What would poll the highest; is it their expertise, flexibility, customer service, or etc...

Answers

7
Carletta,
Your profile reveals you are a Keller Williams agent. Kudos for showing the initiative to exercise the ability to explore other venues for responses to this extremely important question.
-
Without question, a referral (trust) is the gold that keeps a real estate enterprise profitable. A buyer sourced from a referral is yours to lose. Even referred buyers have one prime objective...they want to see homes they can purchase!
-
Expertise means listening and 'hearing' what the buyer wants and knowing and having access to the inventory that matches their needs. If you are showing the the 60th house, accept the fact there is a real disconnect. The second critical component is missing.
-
Following 'expertise' is strategy. Some buyers are simply noncompetitive in this market. (There are more than economic reasons one can be noncompetitive) What is the strategy to circumvent this reality? A buyer who has knowledge that you are creating the environment that will make them successful will be incredibly patient.
-
A question that may be interesting to pursue with a buyer, (think open house) is "Why have you elected to not work with a real estate professional?" In that exercise you will have your 'Ah Ha" moment. Present your expertise and strategy in a message that aligns with 'that' concern.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence. Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 3, 2013
Knowledge and accessibility. I feel those are tied for importance.
I believe Buyers are looking for honesty.
I believe a buyer is looking for someone that is knowledgeable and accessible.
Thanks for your feed back
Flag Tue Jun 5, 2012
According to the 2011 National Association of Realtors Detailed Survey of Buyers and Sellers:

"Like sellers, buyers most commonly choose an agent based on a referral from a friend, neighbor or relative, with trustworthiness and reputation being the most important factors."

Darrell D. Drouillard
Home Team of America
16719 Huebner Rd., Bldg 4
San Antonio, Texas 78248
210-373-6160
210-881-6760 (Fax)

http://www.dddrealtor.com

'Serving all Your Real Estate Needs'
I find that most people are drawn to expertise and knowledge. After that, everything else falls into place.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
NAR does an annual survey of what buyers and sellers look for in a Realtor. I suggest you go to Realtor.org and look for it