What is the neighborhood like in Ardmore just west of Lancaster Ave.? My husband and I are considering buying there.

Asked by Uncommonfavor, Pennsylvania Sun Jul 15, 2012

I know the homes are smaller and parts of that area are not as "polished" as what you find East of Lancaster Ave. (eg. Spring Ave.), but how does it compare in terms of safety, community, and home resale values? (for the portion of it that is Lower Merion)

Answers

5
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Oct 23, 2012
You may visit http://www.homefacts.com . Also you may talk to the local police station.
Charles Base…, , Ardmore, PA
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Lancaster runs East and West, West of Ardmore traveling down Lancaster Ave is Haverford, which is a lovely, safe, neighborhood in Lower Merion Township consisting of a mixture of victorian, colonial and modern residential and commercial properties.
Casey Pradel…, Agent, Haverford, PA
Fri Aug 24, 2012
To be honest with you, there are pockets of Ardmore that are undesirable. Just like there are pockets of Bryn Mawr and Haverford Township that are undesirable as well. That's why it's important that you contact a real estate professional to assist you in your home search. I'm a real estate professional but I also invest in and flip properties in areas like Ardmore, Bryn Mawr, Havertown, and Haverford. I look for the less "polished" properties in good areas with good resale. You can always change the "polish" of a property, you can't change the location.

Let me know if I can be of assistance to you in your search for a home.

Casey Pradelli
Prudential Fox & Roach
Haverford Station
Direct: 610.513.7272
Office: 610.649.7410
Gwen Janicki, Agent, Bryn Mawr, PA
Mon Jul 16, 2012
I sell homes on the Main Line and while resale values are very unique to the style, condition and location of the property, generally speaking most homes in Lower Merion have good resale value because of the school district.

Year-to-date, 28 homes have settled in the LM portion of Ardmore with a price range of 113K to 1,140Mil and average sales price of 396K, as compared to the prior year/time period when 28 homes settled with an average sales price of 350K and sales ranging from 100K to 1Mil. As you can see from the numbers, there is a very wide price range in this community which makes it very appealing.

Year after year this community receives top honors for being one of the best places to live. Check out my blog to see what CNN Money has to say about Ardmore http://strictlymainline.net/category/real-estate/areas/ardmore/

Hope this is helpful.

Gwen Janicki
Prudential Fox & Roach
Haverford Station
GTOptions, , Indian Beach, NC
Sun Jul 15, 2012
Don't you wait for the things to be polished and get even, because it would again be a problem for you regarding the rates. You should definitely go for it without any delay, as the rates would be more in future considerably now. The things would be systematized in the coming years and one should always plan and look for the future. (http://www.gtoptions.com/)