Home Buying in Hedgesville>Question Details

CJCAPA, Home Buyer in Hedgesville, WV

What is the market like for higher end homes?

Asked by CJCAPA, Hedgesville, WV Thu May 31, 2012

We are looking to purchase in the 450-550K range and wondered if homes where homes at this level were selling in conjunction with asking price?

Answers

2
It's going to depend on what area you're looking in, but in general, if the house is priced accurately to begin with, we see that they're selling at very close to list price.
The length of time on the market can also be a factor....the longer it's listed, the more likely it will be that it sells for less than asking price.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. I work strictly as a buyer's agent, and will work with you to get the best deal on a home.
We see that the market in this area is in the midst of re-setting. Do you have a specific area in mind? Higher end housing seems to linger longer as some owners are just coming around to the fact that the market has downturned. If you see something you like online or as a driveby, please contact me and I will research it for you. I tend to advise sellers that a written offer in hand, no matter what the initial price may be, is worth a look and worth negotiating. A buyer determines value!