What is the difference between list price, sales price and appraised value?

Asked by Trulia Queens, Queens, NY Wed May 22, 2013

Answers

4
Belal Mohd, Agent, Rego Park, NY
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Ditto Marco. To add to that, take the appraised value with a grain of salt, as appraisal is always a few months' behind and the market is on the upswing.
Marco Gomez &…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Tue May 28, 2013
List price is the price set by the seller, using recent sales and active listings as a comparison to set the price. Sales price is the price agreed upon between the sellers and buyers and lastly appraised value is what the Lender believes the home is worth.
Jacques Ambr…, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Fri May 24, 2013
Be aware that the appraised value, and the market value are not always the same. Speak to a Real Estate professional to get advice on pricing and expected sale price
Steve Parsons, Agent, Salisbury, MD
Wed May 22, 2013
The appraised value is an estimate of what the property is worth, estimate being the key word. Sales price is the price the property last sold for. List price is the price listed by the seller for sale.

Example: I bought a piece of property for $100,000 - That was the sales price.
The property was appraised at $115,000 - This is an estimate of value given by a licensed appraiser.
I'm going to put my property on the market for $120,000 - This is the list price.
I sold my property for $118,000 - This is the new sales price.
Market is stable, but slowly increasing. I'm looking forward to a busy summer. :)
Flag Tue May 28, 2013
Nice post. How is your market?
Flag Fri May 24, 2013