Home Buying in Cape Coral>Question Details

Barbara, Home Buyer in Melbourne, FL

What is the difference among these areas...i.e. Mariner, Burnt Store,et ? Is there a hospital in the city ?

Asked by Barbara, Melbourne, FL Sun Sep 8, 2013

Answers

6
Both are great areas located in NW Cape Coral. Mariner area is an area close to the Mariner High and Middle schools.

Burnt Store is a bit further West.

There is one major hospital in Cape Coral that located on Del Prado and is part of Lee Memorial

Health Systems:
http://www.leememorial.org/facilities/capecoralhospital.asp

Cape Coral also has recently opened a New VA Clinic:
http://www.baypines.va.gov/locations/Lee_County_VA_Healthcar…

Please fee free to call or email me, I would be more than happy to help you to find a home that meets your wants and needs.

Adolfo "A.D." Diaz
IsellFlorida@ymail.com
239-872-7936
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
thank you for responding....at the momeny, i am really just "browsing"
but I will keep your contact info.
Flag Sun Sep 8, 2013
To add to Danielles answer, a Veterans Hospital just opened in NE Cape Coral less than one year ago. We have a lot of US veterans amongst our citizens and this is so much more convenient than going to Tampa for care.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Mariner & Burnt Store are both sections of NW Cape Coral. Mariner is a little farther inland (also home to Mariner elementary and middle schools) and Burnt Store is closer to the Gulf of Mexico. There really are not many differences between the areas except proximity to open water.

We do have a hospital - Cape Coral Hospital. It's part of Lee Memorial Health Systems and is located on Del Prado in SE Cape Coral.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Hi Barbara,

Mariner area is closer for folks with kids still in school - off water lots mostly. Burnt Store has canal lots for boaters and Old Burnt Store Rd runs along the Gulf edge. Children in school - Mariner. Boaters - Burnt Store or Old Burnt Store - Canals. The hospital is about 10 miles from Burnt Store - maybe 8 miles from Mariner. Mariner is closer to the Cape Coral hospital.

Any further questions, please email or text or call me.

Valerie
831-236-3295
Buy_Florida@yahoo.com
Sharp Homes Realty
Cape Coral
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Barbara,
Better than outlining the details of each area, your needs and preferences are what's most important. Cape Coral is one of the newest cities in Florida, and many affordable choices are available to you.
From personal experience as a caregiver for my mother who had congestive heart failure, I can tell you that we have a great hospital in Cape Coral. Plus several others are just a short drive across the river in Ft. Myers.
Some areas of the City are less built-up and have more open available land than others. Some areas have great access by boat to the Gulf of Mexico. Some are closer to the beaches. In my neighborhood we have bald eagles, several species of herons, ospreys and much more.
If you're concerned about traffic, you'll love it here. I moved here from Wash. D.C. 17 years ago and also have family on the east coast of FL. I can tell you first hand that we are spoiled in Cape Coral with our great roads that quickly take you wherever you want to go. In anticipation of future growth, a couple of our roads are being widened right now, and others are scheduled to start soon.
So Barbara, again it's what you need and want. Good luck with your search for your perfect home and neighborhood.
If I can help you further, do not hesitate to contact me.
Sam (Rosa) Yaffey
239-410-2324
SamYaffey@gmail.com
239-283-6175
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Hi Barbara,

I see you already have excellent answers here on Trulia. If you have children in school we have school choice here so you don't have to necessarily live within a certain radius of a school for your children to go to a particular school.

If you aren't familiar with our area including critical items such as our city utility expansion project which can certainly have an impact on where you choose to live give me a call or email me. As a resident of over 25 years I know the area extremely well and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

You can email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or give me a call at 239-707-4575.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013