What is the best way to sell a house by owner?

Asked by Kimberly Lengenfelder, Mountain Home, AR Tue Jul 10, 2012

Are real estate agents open to a split commission working with a for sale by owner?

Answers

5
The Dream Te…, Agent, Mountain Home, AR
Fri Mar 13, 2015
It is the Agents Broker that makes that decision and each one makes that determination individually. There is no set rule. The best option is to contact several Realty companies and give them the details and see what they would be willing to do. But keep in mind that you will be better represented and have greater advertisement of your home if you could list with a local Realty company. We would be happy to answer any further questions that you have. Good Luck!
Sizemore, Home Buyer, Henderson, AR
Sat Oct 6, 2012
I've sold several properties myself, and have an advantage that I was once a licensed realtor. If you have a way to market the house, I'd go ahead and market it with a price that would include a realtor's fees, and see how it goes. If you market it yourself for $10,000 and you feel you must raise it to $11,000 to get the fees out of it, then everyone will offer the lower amount.

I've been lucky to network with friends, who through their work have sold my homes. I give them $500-$1000 for finding me a buyer-cheaper, and it's been successful. Having an attorney who will handle the sales contract, and who knows how to go about closing is very important. Agents have so many sources to market a home, and it's hard to compete with that, but mainly, keeping a home immaculate, being able to send great, quality photos, and having places like facebook, Craigslist, and such to market it is important. Research your laws.
Jennifer Lamb, Agent, Fort Smith, AR
Tue Jul 10, 2012
I should reiterate that having and agent is always your best option. We have many ways of marketing your property to the greatest audience. We can handle all the paperwork and explain any gray areas you don't understand. We understand the laws of selling property. Having an agent that represents you can help you get the best price for your home while maintaining your confidential matters that pertain to the home. We can make sure the earnest money is safe in an escrow account until closing and be there to make sure the closing runs smoothly. Feel free to message me personally if you have any questions. I would be happy to help.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Does this work with your Plumber and your Car Mechanic?
Jennifer Lamb, Agent, Fort Smith, AR
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Yes, if you handle your side of things, we have a permission to show form. It gives us the opportunity to show our buyers. You represent your self and pay us a lowered commission if we bring you an acceptable offer.