What is the best way to get info about and buy foreclosures in Ann Arbor?

Asked by UM Family, Toledo, OH Wed Mar 6, 2013

First time buyer, young family, interested in 48105 area, 3/2 , townhouse/single fam.

Answers

5
Todd Lands’ answer
Todd Lands, Agent, Saline, MI
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Ann Arbor in general is less likely to have foreclosures as it an increasing market and most people understand to sell before it gets to this point even with a Short Sale. Waiting/looking for just foreclosures may not yeild the best deal either. Knowing the area and keen negociating may be your best tactic. Ginny Miller may be on the right track that you could interview agents, an agent working for you can set up searches for you that may help.
Good Luck with your quest for knowledge.
Respctfully,
Todd Lands, Realtor, Associate Broker with the Charles Reinhart Company
734-Mi-LANDS (734-645-2637)
Tom Stachler,…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Go to http://www.SalineRealty.com and look under all MLS listings for direct board access.
Robert Eckst…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Wed Mar 6, 2013
There never were many in Ann Arbor and foreclosures are pretty much a thing of the past now, though there are a few. Call a local Realtor- they can look up foreclosure on our MLS, I just took a quick look and found 10 foreclosure/short sale homesand 5 condos listed in Ann Arbor.
However I must say distressed homes are not necessarily the best deal in town when all is considered. It always will be location location location. You can find me if you want.
Ginny Miller, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Hello!

You want to interview a few agents and find one that fits best with your needs. We all have access to the same listings, so you need someone that knows the area, knows how to navigate through the foreclosure process, and through your own loan pre-qualification and mortgage process.

As someone who has been in both the real estate and mortgage industries, I have connections at many of the local banks, and I specialize in working with first time home buyers. I would be happy to provide references. I also have a couple recommendations here on Trulia.

If I can be of any assistance, or just to answer questions with no obligation, feel free to contact me.

Thank you, and Go Blue!!

Ginny Miller
Howard Hanna Realty Services
734-330-1879
ginnymiller.homes@gmail.com
http://www.ginnymillerhomes.com
Alexander Mu…, Agent, Ypsilanti, MI
Wed Mar 6, 2013
You should discuss the pros and cons of foreclosure transactions with a licensed real estate agent who has experience dealing in these types of transactions.

Feel free to give me a call, I work exclusively with buyers. 734-272-6612