What is the best way to get historic sales prices for a house via the internet for free?

Asked by M, Armonk, NY Mon Dec 15, 2008

The house is currently on the market. This website and zillow do not have the historic sales prices. I've tried a few searches and have found historic sales dates and prices for other houses on the same street. I know that the house has changed hands at least twice in the past 8 years.

Answers

8
Katherine Cr…, Agent, Armonk, NY
Sun Oct 13, 2013
Hi "M",
If you are still looking for a home in Armonk and would like accurate sales dates and prices, your best bet is to contact a local agent who can quickly research the property you are interested in on the Westchester MLS.
But there is another alternative (other than visiting the Town Hall for the property card). Listingbook.com is a tried and true method to sift through more listings on your own terms. It's free and gives you 24/7 access to in-depth property details. You have the freedom to search for homes like a real estate agent; yet your agent's expertise and knowledge is a click away. Your agent helps to customize your search and helps you create your personal Web site to log in on your own time and keep track of searches you save.
If you would like me to send you an invitation, e-mail me at Katherine.Cresci@GrandLuxRealty.com or call me at my office anytime: (914)273-9688. I'd love to help you find that perfect property!

Katherine Cresci
Grand Lux Realty
http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com. 914-273-9688.
Michael Levy, Agent, Armonk, NY
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Hi: I can definitely help you get prices for houses after they've sold. It's easy for me to look it up on the MLS. Please feel free to call me anytime to get that info. I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty, http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com. 914-273-9688.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 80% with no fees.

If you know anybody who might be interested I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
Donald Mituz…, Agent, Chappaqua, NY
Sat Sep 18, 2010
Accurate information on house prices in this area is not generally available on the internet. A local Realtor could give you that info in seconds if it has sold through the MLS. Just a question, what difference does it make? It has nothing to do with today's current market value which could be much higher or lower.
Don
Web Reference:  http://www.nyhomeseller.com
Cheeseburrito, Home Buyer, 10567
Tue Jul 20, 2010
In the NYC area, I like to use propertyshark.com. They will grant you four free searches per day outside of NYC proper (only 1 per day in NYC). The information given on that site is very detailed and broad and comes from public resources like Westchester County, so it includes mortgages and amounts, property tax payments, names on deeds, etc....
Stacee Liebe…, Agent, Armonk, NY
Tue Jun 30, 2009
The best way to get this information if you do not want to ask an agent is to go to Town Hall in Armonk and look up the property card on the home. This would be the most accurate information. You could also send me your email address and I can send you a link to set up a listing book account. IT IS FREE, and allows you to search MLS listings just like an agent. Contact me at 914.806.6981 or slm@staceerealestate.com if I can be of further assistance. Best Wishes!
Evelyne Gibs…, , Briarcliff Manor, NY
Mon Mar 2, 2009
Dear M,
I know this questions is from back in December, but you might be still looking.
And there is a new service: Listingbook.com
I can give you a listingbook.com account. Which is free.

With that account you can do all your searches on your own terms.
You can see all listings, as well as see sales prices up to 3 years back (sorry not 8) of any house that sold in a specific school district, zip code etc.
You get access to the listings the same way we agents do in MLS.

If you like me to send you an invite, e-mail me at egibson@houlihanlawrence.com

Hope that Helps

Evelyne Gibson
Houlihan Lawrence Armonk
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Dec 15, 2008
Your best resource is either via MLS from a realtor OR county tax records.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
John Vrooman, Agent, White Plains, NY
Mon Dec 15, 2008
Realtors have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and the MLS has both a History and Archive feature. Hopefully you can connect with a Realtor who is knowledgeable about these tools (many aren't). If the house sold while listed in the MLS, there's likely to be records of past sales available to your Realtor. Some additional information can also be found through a tax records database that is also available to Realtors through the MLS system. I would say that contacting a Realtor would be the easiest way for you to obtain some past sales data. If the past sales took place privately and are not in the MLS system...the task becomes harder. Go ahead and contact a Realtor, you'll likely be glad you did.