M&M, Home Buyer in Huntersville, NC

What is the best mortgage rates around Huntersville area ? Credit score is very good and I am not in any debt. Pls provide me with latest info.

Asked by M&M, Huntersville, NC Sun Jan 17, 2010

Answers

6
I find it very interesting that this question was asked over 3 weeks ago, and no one answered it until just now.
If you want a basic idea to try to calculate payments, you can always look on bankrate.com. I wouldn't use the lowest rate posted, but the one that is the most commonly quoted. They are notorious for having people, who are advertisers, give low rates then bait and switch. Rates are only good the minute they are quoted, because in a volatile market there could be a rate change at any time. If you are trying to figure out what you can afford, I would consider using a rate .5% higher than you see, to make sure that you still qualify once you find a house. We never know where rates are going to go.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 10, 2010
Dear Home Buyer,

Rates are indeed lower than they ever were. Make sure that in the mix the closing costs are in line.
When comparing banks it would not be a bad idea to look at credit unions who may meet the challenge and beat out the rest.

A good credit is more than a blessing. It is your reflection of being a conservative and a wise consumer.
Congratulations for being an example to follow.
Gabe
I have sent my out of state referrals to Jeff at Bank of America and I've received great feedback about how great the rates are from everyone. Even though he is not local to you he can lend nationwide. His phone number is (949) 289-5170.
It all depends on your information. Rates are around 5% depending on what type of loan and your credit. Like you said if you have good credit and minimal debt you should not have an issue qualifying for a good mortgage rate. Also depending on where you shop to get your mortgage rate. If you need any assistance I am a Realtor in the Huntersville area and would love to help you. Please e-mail at alyssaroccanti@gmail.com. Thanks for your time!
M&M,

To get the best rate around you need to shop around. This web-site, http://www.mtgprofessor.com/home.aspx, is a great place to start. The gentleman has taken the time to lay out all the steps you should go through in order to receive the best rate on your loan. However I would not waste much time as rates will begin to rise in the near future,

Have a great day,

Mark Manz
Web Reference: http://www.markmanz.com
With a great credit score and no debt, you should qualify for the best rate. Rates are hovering around the 5% mark, depending upon the type of loan you want. I work with several lenders who would be happy to assist you. Feel free to e-mail me at Hilary.Broadway@allentate.com, and I will give your their names and contact information. Definitely shop around, but I would strongly advise against doing anything online. Some sites that promise you the best rate actually send your information to various sources, each of which pull your credit. That can actually bring your score down.