What is the best luxury high rise or condo living in LA for a professional in late 20's to early 30's? Marina del Rey, Weho, BH, or

Asked by Lg, Los Angeles, CA Fri Feb 3, 2012

Century City?

Answers

12
Mia Shin, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Currently the most luxurious highrise is bar none, Beverly West @ 1200 Club View, which has unobstructed view of the hills, Century City, Hollywood, in the distance, BH, Century City and the most elegant finishes, with perfectly balanced nice sized rooms. The only problem is the amenities are a bit weak for the high HOA dues. If they offered a chauffeur driven Black Ghost for its 35 residents, it might be a different caliber entirely. I love the views, the finishes and the convenience to Holmby Park, BH, the shops and the entry is off of Wilshire and hidden from traffic. It needs a special team of expert, condominium Broker to understand and sell the value. It's my baby, I can wait to give birth and sell the penthouse!
Mia Shin, Broker
http://www.Luxuryhighla.com
(310) 717-7111
Liz Brenneman, , Los Angeles, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
The neighborhood that you are the most excited to live in should come before the building. Where do you feel the most comfortable, and interested/invested in the community?
You can find a tremendous luxury building in any one of the neighborhoods posed, but in my experience, love the area first and then hone in on the building. Have you had an opportunity to discover which area you are the most enthusiastic about? Best wishes!

Liz Brenneman
CA REALTY GROUP
323-812-6476
Jane Peters, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
I guess it is going to depend on where you are working. There is, of course, The Wilshire Corridor, the ultimate in high-rise luxury. However, in all those full-service buildings you are going to have high homeowners dues. Everything will depend on your budget.
Web Reference:  http://www.homejane.com
Marilyn Jenne, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
Whether you answer the question by yourself, or want an agent to assist--many questions were presented that should help in your decisionmaking. A client of mine came in believing the Marina was her destination, but as I got to know her, it seemed that closer to Beverly Hills was better for her (which I shared with her). She purchased in Century City and is very happy.
Kenya Reeves…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
All of those areas are so different.What defines luxury for you and what is your price point? Have you seen the Ritz DTLA? Those units are full service,central location and pretty amazing :)
Wishing you luck on your search !

Kenya Reeves Costa
Keller Williams Realty Los Feliz/DTLA
323.251.8626
thelahomegirl@gmail.com
#01734058
Web Reference:  http://www.LAhomegirl.com
Kathleen Bec…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
Hi LG:

That is a loaded question. There are many hi-rises...are you looking to lease or purchase a condo? What is your budget? If your going to purchase, how much are you willing to pay for HOA dues...they get pretty steep for many of the hi-rises...upwards to $4000 per month, depending on the building and the amenities they offer. And in Marina Del Rey, if you purchase a condo there, you may be subject to paying a land lease of upwards to $2000 per month on top of your HOA Dues.

Give me a call if you would like to discuss this further and what your ideal home will be.

All the best, and good luck!

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@hotmail.com
(323) 819-4760
Abe Chang, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
It depends on what lifestyle you want. Do you want to have a walkable neighborhood? Wilshire Corridor may have lots of luxury highrises, but I wouldn't say it's a very walkable area, unless you're right next to Westwood Village.

Are you looking to purchase or rent? What's your price range? Where do you work and do you want an easy commute to work? There's DTLA, Hollywood, BH, not many in Weho.

I'm great at helping people who want lifestyle living, so let me know what you are looking for and I can help you out more.
Eric Smilay, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
You may want to look into BOOMING Hollywood. There has literally been Billions invested there over the last several years and the area is sure to become one of the most desirable locations in Los Angeles, especially for young professionals. I just posted on my blog a link to the CEO of SBE ( one of LA's top nightlife and restaurant companies) talking about the growth of Hollywood and how high they are on the area. You can see that here:
http://smilayproperties.com/sbe-owner-discusses-booming-holl…

The new W Hotel just came in, all sorts of new high end restaurants, shopping, and cool mixed use lofts and condo buildings have recently been built or older buildings converted into modern gems. It is certainly worth looking into I would say if you like being in the center of the action. Think Meatpacking district in NYC!

I have an amazing 2 story loft listing at the epicenter of the resurgence on legendary Hollywood & Vine. We are offering it fully furnished with designer and custom furniture, rare art work, and chandeliers. It is a very cool mix of a 1929 building recently converted to modern designer lofts with high end finishes like a Viking kitchen and Ann Sacks tiles in the baths. You can see a detailed tour of it here: http://6253hollywood306.com. Asking price, including furniture, etc is $699,000.

Let me know if interested in seeing it or discussing this area further. Best of luck in your housing search.

Best Wishes,

--
Eric Smilay
West Los Angeles Realty
T: 310.600.9172
SmilayProperties.com
Web Reference:  http://smilayproperties.com
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
Dear Lg,
I vote for Playa Vista! Talk about having everything..there is the beach which is bike distance away, wetlands, hiking and running trails, Marina, etc etc. Come on a Saturday and take a look.
Seth Phillips, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
This is the easiest question I have ever answered. Downtown Los Angeles. The two highest end buildings are the Ritz Carlton and the Watermarke Tower.
Dena Luciano, Agent, West Hollywood, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
Sierra Towers, The Century, The Carlyle, Empire West
Carrie Rolli…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Feb 3, 2012
There are many options for you. It will depend on what type of living you desire. Full service buildings, often come with high HOAs or smaller new construction buildings with a completely different dynamic. What type of architecture do you desire? What type of amenities do you want? Your professional affiliation and work place will play a big role in location of your home as traffic is a big deal, as you know, in LA. If you want, give me a call and we can discuss various options for you. Easy for me to send you listings.
Have a good day,
Carrie