What is the best heat source for a house? Oil? Radiator? Steam? Forced Air?

Asked by Sonia, 07031 Fri Nov 9, 2007

Answers

4
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Fri Nov 16, 2007
I just set up the Wii, and my kids invite all their teenage friends over. The body heat from all those active kids heats up the entire living room.
Thanks jerk....
Flag Fri Mar 7, 2014
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Your energy choices are oil, natural gas, and electric. People tend to like hot water baseboard heat in NJ (it is not as drying as forced hot air), however, radiant heat is the new heat and the most desirable, (and the most expensive to install.) It is also a hot water system.
Patti Pereyra, , Chicago, IL
Fri Nov 9, 2007
Hi Sonia,

You might want to check out this resource from the U.S. Department Energy. It provides some pretty interesting info: http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumer/your_home/space_heating_…

Happy Heating!
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Fri Nov 9, 2007
Sonia,
What do you mean by "best"? Cheapest? Most efficient? Environmental friendly? Warmest?

When I lived in the Northeast, hot water baseboard heat (oil or gas) was the best for price and comfort. Times have changed, so it may not have such a price advantage any longer. But it will still be more comfortable than electric heat. If money/time is no object, radiant heat is the way to go! Best of luck!