What is the avg time on market for a Solana Beach home west of the 5?

Asked by Tony Uphoff, Palos Verdes Estates, CA Fri Mar 8, 2013

Answers

5
Jessica Hart, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Per MLS statistics for the last 4 months the average time on market for Solana Beach west of the 5 up to $3M is 30 days...give or take a day and barring any unusual circumstances such as very poor condition or short sale waiting periods. Homes over $3M have an ave 100 days on market. However, the closer your price is to the last comparable sale the faster it will sell. Right now sellers can be more aggressive with their prices because of the lack of inventory.

There are currently 11 active listings (all price ranges) in that area, 7 homes have gone pending in the last 30 days and 3 have closed escrow.....This means that there are just about 2 months of inventory left on the market. This means that this is a VERY strong Seller's market in this area....anything less than 4 months indicates a sellers market

In addition, the MLS statistics indicate that that average price per square foot for home in that area are now at $665/sqft....for the last qtr of 2012 the ave was $531/sqft, 3rd qtr was $515/sqft., first qtr was $451/sqft. Can you see the trend? Seller's markets bring price increases.

Call me if you have any more questions. I will help you understand the market and where it is going, what that means for your home, how long it will be on the market...and why :)

Jessica Hart
858-232-1002
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Give me a call at 760 815-6977 and I'll give you the inside scoop from a local's perspective.
Dana Rosas &…, Agent, Covina, CA
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Less than 5-7 days if priced right. I guarantee. Thanks, Dana & Eva 888-4084888, see our web site @ http://www.danaleerosas.com
Sue Sherry, Agent, Solana Beach, CA
Fri Mar 8, 2013
priced right less than 7 days!!
Genie Irish, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Linda,

Thanks for the post. The average time in Solana right now is variable. It's hard to pin point an exact range as there are various short sales that cause most DOM (days on market) to be inflated. With low inventory across the county, if a home is well priced and well marketed, the market will be minimal, espcially in highly desired coastal areas. If you'd like to chat more about the details of your question. Please feel free to call me or email me directly.

Thanks!

Genie Irish
619.796.9100
genie@skoglinrealestate.com