Nhsunrise, Both Buyer and Seller in New Hampshire

What is the avg cost for sq, ft on a custom ICF built home in the Cedar Hills area of Texas that is custom and has some high end quality. Brenda

Asked by Nhsunrise, New Hampshire Tue Jul 26, 2011

I am looking to build an ICF with a storm shelter, independant home generator system, 1500 to 1800 sq ft finished single story with 2 car garage. Granite counter top in kitchen, real wood floors with tile in foyer and kitchen, high end lino in bathrooms....I figure 69,000 for the tract land .50 to 1.0 acre. I know plans and upgrades make a big dif..so thats why Im saying quality home verses builder grade stuff...like excellent winodw quality means alot to me..not the so, so builder grade Anderson window 200 series stuff....pls help me get a reasonable expectation here...ty

Answers

2
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Jul 26, 2011
Only bids from contractor can provide you cost per sq. ft. much more is involved than just throwing out a number

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Tue Jul 26, 2011
Why on earth would you do that here?
Don't want to blow your dream, but I think this is extremely risky.
I say risk as this is not a standard form of building around here.
So you are asking someone to do it that will use your home as an experiment.
There are so many homes on the market in Cedar Hill, it would not be uncommon to buy a very nice upgraded home for $70-$80/sqft whereas building an ICF might cost you $150-$200/sqft if you want to do things like put in high end Pello windows, granite, etc.
If you never care about resale and you are building your last home, then it's somewhat an interesting idea.
If you ever think you might move or resell it, I think it might prove very tough to get your money back.
Thanks for the Nay-Saying Spam, Bruce. All I heard was "Change is scary! I like things to stay familiar, forever! I sell houses instead; buy one of mine. Buy, buy, buy!". The actual foundations of our country were built in RISK, Bruce. If our Founders had had your attitude, we'd still be a British colony. Improvement and advancement is worth the risk.
Flag Tue Sep 2, 2014