What is the average turn around time for a VA loan to go through ?

Asked by Lynxfyre, California Sat Feb 21, 2009

( of course assuming that all your paperwork is in order & with good credit ) ?

Answers

3
Carlos Ramirez’s answer
Carlos Ramir…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Lynxfyre,

If all the paperwork is provided on time, and there are no complications it can be done in about 4 weeks. Let me know if you would like information on reputable lenders.

Carlos
ABR - Accredited Buyer Representative
.
Web Reference:  http://www.SmartAZRealty.com
Stew Keene, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Feb 21, 2009
Lynx,

My wife has been a mortgage originator for nearly 25 years and her area of expertise is the FHA & VA loan.

There are several variables to deal with with a VA loan that have more to do with the property meeting the VA's requirements than the actual loan itself.

A lot of getting loan approval depends on how quickly you provide the information to the lender and the lenders knowledge on what to ask you for when presenting the loan to an underwriter.

If you have your DD214 and all the information provided to the lender then you can expect a 4-5 week turn around.

The trick though is that everyone has to do their job including the Realtor, the appraiser, the re inspection appraiser, the title company and you.

Orchestrating these can be simple if everyone does the job or can be a nightmare if none of the above have ever been involved in a transaction involving a VA Loan.

Good Luck To You and Thank You for your Service to Our Country.

Stew Keene
Signature Realty Group
Scottsdale, AZ
2008-2009 Master of Real Estate award recipient
Lucinda Tkach, , Phoenix, AZ
Sat Feb 21, 2009
I think most should take at least 30 days. Usually there are repairs to take place and that is usually what takes the time.

If you would like a great lender feel free to check my website and ask for additional referrals!

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions!

Lucinda Tkach
Windermere Central