What is the average snowfall in the woodland park, CO area? What are the average temperatures for the area?

Asked by Scott.barnhart.dlo, Sat Nov 10, 2012

I really would like to know if this is a seasonal access area or if people tend to live in Woodland Park year round.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3099179302-47-Aster-Rd-Woodla…

Answers

7
Donna Brazill, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sat Apr 5, 2014
This is definitely year around living.....but we have four seasons and you need to be prepared for that in all of your activities. Today I left the house in a light jacket and by the time I returned home it was pouring snow! Springtime in the Rockies!
tradesman, Home Buyer, Woodland Park, CO
Sat Aug 17, 2013
It's year round living,the low for winter last year was a cool -35 degrees Farenheit,and yes it does get nice and toasty while the sun is shinning but the temp can also drop 35 degrees in a heart beat leaving you outdoors on a hike in some very cold weather.Do some research!
Robert T. Me…, , Woodland Park, CO
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Woodland Park (zip 80863), CO, gets 24 inches of rain per year. The US average is 37. Snowfall is 141 inches. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 103.

On average, there are 247 sunny days per year in Woodland Park (zip 80863), CO. The July high is around 71 degrees. The January low is 7. Our comfort index, which is based on humidity during the hot months, is a 68 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable. The US average on the comfort index is 44.
richs.52, Renter, Mount Pleasant, SC
Sat Apr 5, 2014
Since I've been here, Oct 2010, average snowfall has been around 70 inches. Cold fronts come and go and below zero is possible but not normal, temps usually range between 15-45 degrees during late fall/winter/early spring; a very livable area year around if you're up for four seasons.
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Woodland Park is definitely a year around area. Many citizens in Woodland Park and Teller County commute to Colorado Springs via HWY 24. As for snow...it depends on the type of winter we're having, but its been pretty dry for the last several years. Once in awhile we have a "big" snow but at this altitude the snow is quickly melted by some of the hundreds of days of sun! Generally its a pretty mild climate.....
April DeNio, Agent, Woodland Park, CO
Sun Nov 11, 2012
I am a resident of Woodland Park, Colorado and it is the VERY BEST place to live and the reason is the climate. Our climate is ENVIABLE!. It is never humid and even in the winter the sun is so intense you'll be shedding your jacket in the car. You can step out in the winter if you're just running around from here to there and just have a light jacket. We have the BLUEST SKIES here which makes for breathtaking views of Pikes Peak. Now night times are a different story. Even in the summer. Because we are at 8500 feet in elevation, it gets chilly. People may think we get a ton of snow because we are in the mountains but that is not true. When we do get snow it melts quickly where the sun shines. This is a year round area for sure. Teller County does an awesome job of snow removal. Even the remote subdivisions get plowed in an efficient manner so people living in Divide and Florissant get out to work everyday. Different sources give different figures on average snowfall. To me it is non relevant because it is not an issue, but maybe around 40" of snowfall with the summer weather being around 68-70 degrees in the summer and winter temps around 45-50 degrees. We get 300 days of sunshine a year and that is what's most important to me. It can be cold and sunny and it's okay because of the intense sun. If you are into skiing, the snow is 1 hour 45 minutes away from Woodland Park (Breckenridge). Visit my website http://www.IbexRealtyGroup.com for more Teller County information. I also post there on my blog regularly if you want to see what's going on in the area.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sun Nov 11, 2012