What is the alligator population like in the Kiawah Island area?

Asked by kevkyle2, Kiawah Island, SC Sun Feb 10, 2013

Answers

3
Ron Chamberl…, Agent, Johns Island, SC
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Where there are fresh water ponds or lagoons, non salt water, my assumption would be that at least 1 alligator lives there. They stay close to the water when sunning themselves, and will leave you alone as long as you leave them alone. Never feed or act agressive to a gator. Consequences could be extreme. I have lived here for over 8 years, and have many alligators in the waters behind my house without incident. It isn't how many as much as it is pay attention, and show respect. I would put you in touch with the wildlife group on Kiawah who can give you all the information you need including the population. If I can help you further please contact me.
Kathleen Emde, Agent, Greenville, SC
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Like any coastal area, it depends on where you are located on the Island. They can travel about the Island but typically stay near the lagoons or non tidal areas... marshes etc.

Kathy Emde
Century 21 Properties Plus
Broker Associate,
843-718-7379
Mikki Ramey, Agent, Daniel Island, SC
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Like many coastal areas, alligators are prevalent. Typically if you don't feed the gators they don't bother you. If they become aggresive, then they can be removed. Are you thinking about buying a home?