Ben Fox, Other/Just Looking in Clovis, CA

What is the Moss Landing area like?

Asked by Ben Fox, Clovis, CA Sat Dec 26, 2009

Answers

4
Juliette Fer…, Agent, SEASIDE, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Ben, I love love love Moss Landing area. It offers a quiet fishing community with a boat harbor. The properties I represent when discussing Moss Landing are actually just south of Moss Landing on the ocean. It is a wonderful little get-a-way town. Sometimes sunny and sometimes foggy, depending on the time of year. The Monterey Dunes Colony is listed in Castroville, but is actually more MOSS LANDING. I have open houses every weekend, except next weekend, but can take you on a private tour of 3-4 properties if interested. I represent 2 of the condominiums there. Are you seeking a home or condo? price range? Or, simply checking out towns for future. I can help you compare between Pajaro Dunes, Monterey Dunes, and Del Monte Beach homes and condo's if you are seeking a home on the ocean.

831-402-3800. I am available to take you on a tour any day with advance notice. I hope you visit the area, either to rent or buy - it is a great place. Be sure to check out Phil's Fish House in Moss Landing - they have fresh fish in their famous Cioppino!
Juliette
http://www.MossLandingHomes.com
Glen Mitchell, Agent, Half Moon Bay, CA
Sun Dec 27, 2009
Ben, what type of property are you looking for? rental or to live in? Are you going to be working in the area? If you give me some more details on what you need I may be able to better answer if Moss Landing is the area for you.

Glen Mitchell
831-588-8958
Web Reference:  http://www.maui4rent.com
Curt Abramson, Agent, Santa Cruz, CA
Sat Dec 26, 2009
Ben, Curt Abramson from Bailey Properties here. Moss Landing's a beautiful coastal area, with an interesting blend of blue- and white-collar jobs, great natural resources, and a variety of people. It's very cool, both literally and figuratively. Its location in the center of Monterey Bay's stretch of coast means the fog often comes barreling in and stays all day - sometimes all summer! The harbor has lots of commercial fishing boats, and is also the home of MBARI, the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, and the Moss Landing Marine Laboratory, 2 of the pre-eminent marine research organizations in the world. Farming is huge in the area, including strawberries, row crops and artichokes. Elkhorn Slough is a fabulous coastal estuary with abundant wildlife and great kayaking, which empties into the bay at Moss. It's 20 minutesaway from Monterey or Santa Cruz, or even to Salinas, if that's where you need to be. There can be great surfing at the state beach, although the locals are very territorial. A local institution for great seafood is Phil's Fish Market, over the bridge in the harbor area. There are also tons of antique shops in the area.
The greater Moss Landing area has some very nice homes, and prices can be some of the most reasonable around for decent rural properties. If you need more info about that, feel free to contact me through my website, listed below.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Dec 26, 2009
If you are not familiar with the area, now is the time to visit and explore all it has to offer. Keep in mind opinions are just that and what's good for one may not necessarily be good for another--real estate professionals are prohibited from enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, so again check it out first, then take it from there.

anna