What is the Beechwood area of Rochester NY like? Why are the houses so inexpensive?

Asked by Wayne O`callaghan, UK Sun Mar 23, 2008

Would like to know more about the Beechwood area of rochester. I am thinking of buying an ivestment property in that area?

Answers

3
G, , Rochester, NY
Thu Jan 1, 2009
Beechwood has lots of potential and needs quality investors and homeowners, not absentee landlords who don't care for the neighborhood. Beechwood is economically, racially and socially diverse. I have lived here for 10 years and have great neighbors. There is a VERY active neighborhood group who embraces committed people wanting the best for the City of Rochester, specifically Beechwood.
Mary, , Rochester, NY
Tue Apr 8, 2008
The Beechwood area of Rochester is very old, the houses are not in good repair. I live across Culver road from Beechwood, and, in thirty years, my husband has not allowed me to take walk or ride my bike over there. They keep trying to revitalize it, but to no avail. If you buy rental property, you will be handling mostly Section 8 people. That being said, there are some nice pockets in the Beechwood neighborhood, but, unfortunately, there are surrounded by the rest of it.
Gerry Vazquez, Agent, NY,
Sun Mar 23, 2008
Wayne, Properties throughout Rochester are modestly priced--which is why the area is drawing investor attention from around the country, and in your case, from abroad. Beechwood is one of those neighborhoods just beginning to benefit from renewed interest in urban pioneers and city planners encouraging the redevelopment of the Eastside. Good luck w/your investment.
GerryV
vazquezgerry@yahoo.com