What is good area and bad area in Newton, MA.?

Asked by Sanjeevk, Needham, MA Mon Dec 28, 2009

Its good town I know but I hear so many concerns about which village is good as far as community, school etc counts.

Answers

4
Ken Lambert’s answer
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Wed Dec 30, 2009
Hi Sanjeevk- I just replied to another similar posting. You can feel free to call me if you'd like. I also used to live and work in Newton for a while.
You may not want generalities, but Newton overall is a "good" town; the worst area or schools in that town, in any village, are going to be better than 75% of the other towns out there.
Talk to someone at the city hall. Talk with someone maybe at the local Chamber of Commerce. This in addition to you driving around all the villages- at different times of the day and different days. That's how you find out.
Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.
Faraseen, Home Buyer, Newton, MA
Wed May 29, 2013
I mean its all relative but there tends to be a little more crime in the West Newton/Nonantum Village areas more so than the rest of the town. Parts of those areas are more run down than the rest of Newton but its your typical run of the mill town. Decent schools and safe for the most part. I would not worry too much about the areas.
Sanjeevk, Home Buyer, Needham, MA
Sat Jan 2, 2010
thanks all. I learned that Newton center is most desirable .. but I agree whole town makes this best in MA
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Dec 28, 2009
Keep in mind that opinions are just that and what's good for one may not be the case for another--visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of “belonging”. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached. Ultimately the decisonis all yours based on your lifestyle and wants and needs.

Anna