What is current reasonable price for a nice 2 full BR 2BA coop apartment in Manhattan from your experience?

Asked by Elena Ravich, Esq., New York, NY Tue Jul 23, 2013

Answers

10
Elena Ravich, Esq.’s answer
Elena Ravich,…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Oct 14, 2013
I asked for a feedback from brokers because most of the coops I was seeing in July on UES/UWS and Midtown under 1MM didn't have a full second BR - they were mostly converted from alcoves and were small or dark, or apartments were located very far east and had a longer walk from a subway that my clients wanted.
From what I saw back in the summer, a decent coop apartment with 2BR 2BA 900SF+ would start at $1000/ PS in a basic doorman building. I was interested in other brokers experience finding a full 2BR/2BA coop for their clients in July 2013, and at what price point they saw a small 2d br changing into a real BR.
Unfortunately, most brokers shared their attitude in their responses and did not offer any helpful insights.
Michele Wils…, Agent, Lake Forest, IL
Wed Jul 24, 2013
What a silly question. The term "reasonable" is subject to wide interpretation. Sound like YOU need a proferssional Realtor.
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Elena,
You are an agent. Why are your asking this question here? You have access to the same information as the rest of us. This is something a buyer with no knowledge of the market would ask. You are a "Manhattan Expert" in your self-description.
Elena Ravich,…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Thank you to those brokers who provided their views on 2BR coop market in the Summer of 2013.
Tony Lara, , New York, NY
Wed Aug 14, 2013
Good question, of course it all depends on the lcoation. I've sold uptwon in the Heights below $500K and downtown where the prices are obviously more. Different areas will ask different prices per sq foot, it all depends on your needs. I suggest keeping an open mind and consider various locations throughout the city. Best of luck, feel free to contact me for all your real estate needs.

Tony Lara
Rutenberg Realty
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
212-688-1000 x-426
Andrew Watson, Agent, brooklyn, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Manhattan price range is difficult to assess because of the different neighborhoods and the amenities.
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Hi Elena. I know you through Trulia's Questions section and you always have great responses to other people's questions. I won't reiterate some of the responses below but it does seem odd that a licensed real estate professional would ask such a question on an open forum like this. It may give sellers or buyers the wrong impression of your abilities.

Obviously there is a broad range of prices that would have to do not only with the apartment size but also building amenities, floor height, specific location, Condo or Coop. The list goes on but you already know this.

My question to you is do you think there would be a difference in price between a 2 Br Coop on the upper east side, walk up building and no Terrace on a 2nd floor and a similar sized Coop on Fifth Avenue with Central Park view on the 12th floor in a full service building and the apt has a Terrace?
Anton Glotser, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jul 24, 2013
depends on the building and amenities, location, size of apartment and coop board approval process also if its renovated or not and if it has a rent stabilized tenant or not.

im an expert in Manhattan real estate and i live and work here since 1999, if you have an apartment you are trying to sell or by call me and i can help you with your situation
9178869471
Ross Ellis, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Dear Elena,

Prices vary from $595K to $6M. It all depends on the location you want, amenities, etc. Are you looking for new construction/?

I would recommend working with an experienced buyer's broker.

I would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have regarding this.

Ross Ellis I Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Member of Real Estate Board of New York
Halstead Property
EastSide Office
212.317.7828 direct
rellis@halstead.com
Javier Menes…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Melville, NY
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Elena, this is such a broad price range. It can really vary. Within Manhattan, there are different markets that set their own price ranges. I would try to link up with a Realtor who specializes in the specific parts of Manhattan you're interested in.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax