What is better for investment? Homes in Orlando or Tampa. Seeking RENT-READY homes with great cash-flow rushkhan@gmail.com

Asked by Rush Khan, Outside U.S. Sun Feb 19, 2012

What is better for investment as rentals? Homes in Orlando or Tampa or Houston or Austin. Please send me info on investment RENT-READY homes in GOOD AREAS.

rushkhan@gmail.com

Answers

7
Lisa Reeves, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Feb 19, 2012
You will need to give a little more information regarding your price point and what kind of investment you want to make. There are plenty of rent ready homes ranging from 100K-over 1Million in Tampa.
Mike Dotson, Agent, Apollo Beach, FL
Wed Feb 29, 2012
My office is located in South Tampa and it is the HOTTEST area around for rentals. I have a colleague who specializes on finding investment homes in South Tampa and I focus on finding the renters. We qualify the renters with an application, background check, and credit check. We seriously cannot keep enough properties in stock to meet the demand for quality renters. Call me at 813-679-1358 if you have any further questions.
I am a NonUS residen property investor...please send me current rental investments...Peter
Flag Fri Aug 28, 2015
Charlene Wes…, Agent, Valrico, FL
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Hello Rushkhan.

Rule number one for any investor is what is the potential ROI (Return on Investment). As with any geographic location, not only does value vary from one block to the next, but also from one home to the next. The best starting point for investment purposes is to determine your goals for ROI and assess what your annual goal is for return purposes. This will give you a starting point. Next, you will want to have a local agent from each of the areas give you a brief market analysis as to rental market, rental trends, home value trending, etc....

Further, I would recommend you consider several areas. As an investor you never want to put all your "eggs in one basket" Acts of God, such as hurricanes, storms, etc. can have a devastating ecomonic effect that is often not taken into consideration.

Last but not least, a good rule of thumb for any area in determining rental potential is analyzing the surrounding corporate and industrial climate. For example, Tampa is a PRIME rental market because you have several large employer groups housed here (ie: CITIGROUP) as well as a major AFB (Airforce Base- MacDill) this draws a large military population for rental potential.

I hope all this information has been helpful to you. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience with any questions you may have, I am happy to be of assistance.

Charlene Weston
Realtor/Team Leader
Weston Group
Margaret Has…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Feb 21, 2012
I can only speak for Tampa as that is my area of expertise. Assuming you've done your homework figuring rental rates vs. cost of repairs, taxes, insurance, cdd's, hoa's, vacancy rates, etc. almost any rent ready property in Tampa is a good long-term investment. Many rent-ready properties are getting multiple offers on them. The competition for them is getting fierce.
Web Reference:  http://tampahouse1.com
Ronnie Bramer, Agent, Fort Thomas, KY
Tue Feb 21, 2012
Rushkhan, You asked a good question which is really tough to answer since each area would have it's pros and cons. I offer my investor 2 optiosn 1) work with is an consultant and we can look at investment in different areas. Your investment dollars need to go where there will produce the highest return. 2) or work with me as a agent. I live in the St Petersburg / Tampa area. which I love and feel it is the best area of Florida after living here 22 years .
As a broker a have a property mgt, division is which is key . A bad manager can turn your investment into a nightmare. Rent ready homes in good areas are ez to find. I would like to start with your investment goals , exit plans and the price point you buy at will determine the how good your investment is before you spend another dollar.
You just need to find some one you can trust and like. check out my website it will go into more detail on how I work with investors. email me ronnie@1change.com with any questions
Team 54 - Ro…, Agent, Land O Lakes, FL
Sun Feb 19, 2012
Tampa or Orlando would be a wise investment.
Web Reference:  http://www.team54realty.com
Erek Kirsten, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Feb 19, 2012
So many factors determine value of investment. As an absentee owner, I would believe having a local advocate would be your first priority. Your advocate should have integrity and be themself an experienced investor who knows how to structure low risk, profitable transactions and the ability to efficiently manage them. With that the geography becomes secondary.
Web Reference:  http://www.KirstenRealty.com