What is available very close to the university, and in what price range?

Asked by Paul Westberg, Santa Barbara, CA Thu Oct 3, 2013

Answers

5
Steve Downar…, Agent, Santa Barbara, CA
Thu Oct 3, 2013
There are a variety of options near UCSB from 1 bdrm condo(in the high $200,000's) to single family homes starting in the $600,000 range. There are several planned unit developments close by that have both condominiums and single family homes and there is a brand new development just under construction with prices starting in the $600,000's. Once you talk with a lender to get pre-approved I would be happy to show you properties in your price range. In the meantime I can email currently available property to review. You may contact me at patsaraca@gmail.com or 805-560-9951.
Pat Saraca
Harbor View Real Estate
license #01080801
Santa Barbara, CA
Paul,
My email address is patsaraca@gmail.com. Please send me your email address so I can forward you available properties near the university.
Flag Mon Oct 7, 2013
A remote possibility at the moment, but you never know. You could send a few listings if you like. I would not be looking for a mansion. Thanks in any case. God bless.
Flag Thu Oct 3, 2013
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Fri Feb 14, 2014
Have you considered what you will do when it comes to financing for you new home? Before you start looking for homes I strongly recommend you get pre-approved. This is important because it gives you an idea of the price range you can afford. Also, offers from individuals with pre-approvals are taken much more seriously. I am a lender based out of California and I have done plenty of loans throughout the state. I would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan you need so feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Andrew Rose, Agent, Santa Barbara, CA
Mon Oct 7, 2013
Most of the housing directly next to the UCSB campus is student rentals. However, there are 3 bedroom single family homes still within a few minutes driving distance starting in the $500,000s and averaging in the $700,000s ballpark.

I have an intern that works for me who is a student himself, living in Isla Vista. He knows the area very well, and has great insight into the area. If you are interested he and myself would be more than happy to help you in your search.

Andrew Rose, Realtor
(805) 246-7253
Andrew@RoseCoastRealty.com
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Thu Oct 3, 2013
I assume you are just starting the buying process. The first two steps in the buying process are to get a real estate agent, who will be able to help you with questions like this and the many more you will have, and to get pre-approved for a purchase loan, so that you know how much you can afford and to increase the likelihood of your offer being accepted.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Thomas Johan…, Agent, Santa Barbara, CA
Thu Oct 3, 2013
There are some single family homes for sale in the area close to UCSB listed around $700,000 and also some condos listed lower.
Feel free to contact me for more info.
Thomasj@villagesite.com
Web Reference:  http://Thomasmjohansen.com