What is a typical style home in San Diego, two story, ranch?

Asked by Kristal Kraft, Greenwood Village, CO Sat May 12, 2007

Answers

9
Roberta Murp…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Sat May 12, 2007
Kristal: How I wish San Diego had more single story homes! The demand is there, but the inventory isn't. So many baby boomers want to move to San Diego and want a ranch style home to accommodate bad knees and old athletic injuries. But because land is so precious, builders have tended to build up in the interest of land economy. Del Webb: Where are you?!?
A, , San Diego County, CA
Tue May 27, 2008
As many before me have said, San Diego is diverse. However a great deal of new devlopements have went the way of the 2 story home on the small lot. In out lying areas of the county, new single stories can be found. Areas such as Valley Center and Alpine do have single story ranch estate style homes and the prices are much softer.
Web Reference:  http://www.abellre.com
Denise Gleav…, Agent, Claremont, CA
Sat May 24, 2008
Hello Kristal,

San Diego is very diverse... we have many tract homes, old 1900's craftsman style homes, 2 story Spanish style homes in newer communities. You can search our MLS at my website and look at some photos to get an idea of styles along with pricing. If you have a specific style and price range you are looking for, please feel free to contact me and I will email any listings that meet your criteria.

Thanks, Denise Gleavey
Coldwell Banker
1-800-735-5619
Web Reference:  http://www.IHandleRE4U.com
Marilia Cath…, , 92101
Wed Mar 26, 2008
For two stories I think that the Spanish architecture is prevalent in San Diego. Ranch is more for single story homes.
Jason Lopez, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Oct 13, 2007
One of the great attributes of San Diego property is the diversity. We have everything from early 1900's homes to brand new construction. One popular style would certainly be Spanish architecture. And you ahve both traditional, historic type properties and modern interpretations of this classic style to choose from. Ranch is also another much sought after style. You'll find these homes in some of the more rural areas of San Diego county such as Mt. Helix, Jamul, Rancho San Diego, and even in La Jolla! Visit our site to search all of these types and more!
The Hernandez…, , 92124
Thu Oct 11, 2007
According to the latest poll.. the 3 Bedroom 2 Bath House is the average :-)
T&M
Javier Varon, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Wed Sep 26, 2007
2 story cookie cutter, tract homes.
Ryan Lee, , San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 20, 2007
by far 2 stories, land cost is a premium in So. Cal esp. San Diego. Go further rural toward east county for the ranch style homes or the midwest. arkansas is a beaut of a state to live.
Kristal Kraft, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Mon May 28, 2007
Roberta ~ I understand exactly what you mean. We need more nice single story homes all over! I thought Colorado was the only place lacking in the ranch style home!
Web Reference:  http://thedenver.blogs.com