Dee, Home Buyer in New Jersey

What is a good place in Atlanta to move if looking to move out of the New Jersey area can find a?

Asked by Dee, New Jersey Thu Jan 10, 2008

quiet life, but within 20 to 30 minutes for a drive to the hussling scene? Also how is area code 30215

Answers

15
Dee,

I think you would first want to talk to a Realtor who knows the areas... that's right, plural. Someone who is from Georgia or at least knows the areas east and west and north and south. That doesn't mean they serve those areas, but they can at least get you started on narrowing down the territory.

One great way to do this is to figure out where you are going to work, where your family is, what things are most important (schools, shopping, cultural foods, for example) that you be near.

Once you have that, you'll have narrowed it down to a handful of cities and then you can decide how big of a home or how much land, etc that you want.

Fayetteville is great, but without knowing the above I can't tell you if I think it would be great for YOU.
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
Hi Dee,

I actually live in the 30215 zip code( Fayetteville). Some of the best schools in the state and a great place to raise a family. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance, I would love to help!

Have a wonderful day!
Did you relocate to the area yet? If you need assistance in 30215 and havent yet found a place or an agent, I'd love opportunity to work with you. Contact me I can help.
If you have school age children, then you must strongly consider moving to Fayette County. All of the public schools routinely rank near the top in all relevant areas. If educating children is not a concern, then you should consider the cities of South Fulton county such as Fairburn, Union City and Palmetto, because you can buy a lot of house for a modest amount of money!
Fayette County offers great school.
Dee,

The family moved from Ledgewood to the ATL in 2004. We chose Gwinnett County and have not been disappointed. Strong schools, quality of life, convenient drive into the city and more all contributed to our decision. Let me know if I can help.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / Consultant - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 9, 2009
My mother recentlly moved from Short Hills, NJ. I also live in Whitewater Creek Subdivision. It is gorgeous and an absolute steal compared to anything in New Jersey. Come see my house at 170 Isleworth Way. I'd be happy to show you for comparison purposes. In Short Hills, my house would sell in the 7 to 8 million dollar range. Best of luck in your relocation.
Paul Wenske
Fayetteville is a great community. I raised 2 kids here, both attended Whitewater High and one went on to earn full academic scholarship. I couldn't be more proud. Fantastic youth programs. S. Fayette offers some very luxurious homes on acreage for a great buy. I'd also encourage you to check out Whitewater Creek. Custom homes on a golf course for incredible prices. A fantastic realtor in the area (she's a local) is Donna O'Kelly. She knows the area better than anyone.
Dee, when moving to Georgia one of the most important determinants in your location decision should be the schools your children will be attending. This is directly from someone that moved into Georgia from Texas with school-age chidren. I do live in the 30215 area and although it has a Fayetteville mailing some areas are closer to PTC and have access to golf-cart paths. If you have children, check the info concerning schools and test scores. My husband and I are interested in down-sizing from our home (4000+sq.ft) because of retirement and the kids are grown. Love the area,schools, location and convenience but would like to be spending more time at the beach! Could provide pictures and more info. on house if requested.
Dee,

have you looked at the west GA area. Douglas county has a lot to offer with award winning schools average sales price at $210,000 and a 30 min commute to downtown and the airport.
Buyers agency is FREE in GA and we would love to save you time and money in helping you search for your ideal home. You can look up homes on our web site or contact us at 678-564-3700 and we can send you properties direct.
Web Reference: http://www.TeamRenton.com
30215 is Fayetteville south of HWY 54. It is beautiful there. Homes are usually on larger lots. I have two listing in that zip code. One is a newer home for $289,900 and features 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths. The second is $244,900 and features 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths on 2 acres. If I can be of further assistance, please give me a call at 678-588-6791. You can also visit my website below to gain valuable information about schools, area and you can also search the entire Multiple Listing Service. Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.lisabyer.com
Hi Dee,
I am originally from South Jersey and moved here to Georgia in 1986 and it has been wonderful for us!
I live in Peachtree City which is a town that has miles of golf cart paths. We use the cart like a third car. You can go to the bank, grocery store and even the fast food places on it. Please take a look at my website http://www.peachtreecityhouses.com for information on Peachtree City and all of Fayette County.
Please let me know how I can help.
Vanessa 678-457-3899
I'd move to Peachtree City, 30269. I've lived in 30214, it's OK, 30215 is nicer.....but I am definitely partial to 30269. See my house at web link below...it's a smaller house in a cluster home development in the Braelinn Village section. If you're single or have a large family...probably not your choice. But still a good value.
Dee... there are many great areas in the Atlanta and these areas can be far from each other as Mack mentioned. Do you have an agent to work for you here in Atlanta? If not, I would recommend that you get an agent. There are many here on Trulia including myself that would be more than happy to help you. It is a FREE service to you.

Traffic in the Atlanta area can turn 10 miles into an hour commute so it is important to know where your place of business will be. What does quiet life mean to you? It can mean different things to different people! What does a hussling scene mean to you? It can mean different things to different people.

Fayetteville is a growing area and prices are really good in Fayetteville. I have many clients that have moved to Fayetteville and they love it. There are many great areas so getting one on one with an agent to discuss your needs, your wants, and your goals would be most important in determining the areas that best suit your needs.
Dee where a good place to live is totally relative to what you are looking for. It would be a good idea to be in close proximity to your work. If you have children, another concern would be schools. Zip code 30215 is for Fayetteville and this could be a good area. I recently attended a meeting and the discussion was about the "Golden Triangle" in the northeast quadrant of Metro Atlanta. Even though this is on the complete opposite side of the city from Fayetteville I would recommend you give it some thought unless you employment is in the Fayetteville area.