What is a good area in Rochester to buy an investment property that is popular with renters?

Asked by Judi Moresi, Detroit, MI Sun Apr 11, 2010

Answers

4
Wny’s answer
Wny, Both Buyer And Seller, Rochester, NY
Mon Aug 23, 2010
hi Judi,

Brighton is a great place to live/work/invest. We bought our first townhouse in brighton. You will be able to get a rent of $1200+ on a investement of 125k -150K

let me know if you need furthher info.
Roslyn Terha…, , Rochester, NY
Wed Aug 18, 2010
Alot of investors like to invest in the 19th ward because it is not far from the Uor R or RIT. It really depends or what you are looking for and where you need to be near. Roslyn Terhaar Associate Broker 5857344638
Mike Liess, Agent, Rochester, NY
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Judi,
There are pros and cons in every neighborhood when investing.

The higher priced property may tend to not cash flow as high but you may be able to be more selective with your tenants.

Lower priced property and areas tend to cash flow higher, with greater cap rates, however there may be other challenges associated with lower valued properties.

I would be happy to discuss different options that you have, and the pros and cons of different investment properties here in the Rochester NY area.
Web Reference:  http://mikeliess.com
Nancy Gastel, Agent, atlanta, GA
Wed Jun 2, 2010
It depends upon your budget. Park Avenue, parts of Brighton and Pittsford NY are good. I am a Broker - Nancy 5853295490 or 7705781067