What insights can you give me on Valley Forge Towers? How have prices held over the years there?

Asked by Kelly Two, King of Prussia, PA Fri Feb 29, 2008

What insights can you give me on Valley Forge Towers? Is there appreciation to be had there? How have
prices held over the years? What is the general condition of the place? Is the building managed well? There are currently a large number of units available (more than 20) - what does that mean? Why are people leaving? In general is it a good place? We are downsizing and considering something like VFT, but it's a big step in terms of lifestyle change. Thank you for guidance you can offer.

Answers

10
Skibum, , Pennsylvania
Sun Mar 2, 2008
HOA fees are high - up to $600/month, appreciation with that many units on the market, probably not anytime soon. HomeMarketSite is the one site I've found that actually shows you what the place will cost with taxes & HOA fees, how long the place has been on the market (seems like after they hit around 200 days, they sometiems take em' down and start from 0 again), and has a decent variety of pictures of the place without a realtor standing in your way, insisting you sign up with them or come down to see the place before they'll tell you anything.
"Signing up" with a Realtor is agency law in PA, not an evil tactic and allows you to look at as many or as few apartments as you wish. It is not easy to see an actual apt here without being accompanied and,as a rule, listing agents don't include photos of the bad, the unattractive or the smelly.
Flag Mon Jul 28, 2014
Bernadette G…, Home Buyer, Daytona Beach, FL
Mon Dec 12, 2016
I have lived at VFTW for 12 years. The condo fee is about $360.00. It includes a cable package that is worth $250.00. You have unlimited paid channels (HBO, SHO, STARZ, CINEMAX etc) The condo fee also includes water sewer garbage, Indoor and outdoor pool gym snow removal. The electric is bulk and dirt cheap 30-80 a month. Building well built and maintained well There is a 24 hour door man. The Condos are Huge1500-2300 sq feet. Three walk in closets. Originally when I moved in it was a lot of older people. The majority of them moved to Shendal. There are all ages including families with children. There are pets in the building. It is probably the best deal in town if you want to buy. The increase in properties for sale is due to the fact that a lot of the original owners are moving out to personnel care homes. Generally younger people are moving in
Ernadette, are you still happy at the towers? Can I have my own contractor work in the unit? Does the association update the heater and ac?im really interested in purchasing, just need a bit more information.
Flag Mon May 29, 2017
Bernadette, when did you liver there and which building as thee appears to be a number of them with varying opinions. thank you
Flag Tue Dec 13, 2016
Bernadette, how long has it been since you lived there and which building, given there appears to be a number of them, did you live in?
Flag Tue Dec 13, 2016
Brenda Halli…, Renter, King of Prussia, PA
Tue May 10, 2016
Do not waste your time if you are a nonsmoker and/or have pet allergies. Further, it is far from luxury. The best aspects of the condos is the balcony however, the smokers have taken over so non smokers are forced to stay in there homes with the doors shut. I am very disappointed. Pets are everywhere and many do not curb their dogs. Oh did I forget to tell you the building has a no pet poilicy. So the landscape is beautiful but beware of where you walk!!
It's so bad the hallways on the floors where smokers live smell like bars.i could go on but you get what I am trying to say.
Tanisha Powe…, Home Buyer, King of Prussia, PA
Tue Aug 18, 2015
the HOA fees are pretty high. I was wondering is it for the year or once a month.

if so is arrangements made how does that work. I don't think it is included in mortgage payments.

Thank you.
Sat Apr 25, 2015
Wow. My mom has lived here for 20 years and loves it. I am now seeing families and young children here, which is great to see. My kids find other kids to play with at the fountain, and we are now about to go to the indoor pool and then Valley Forge Park. And the balconies are all big, which I like.
Stanj, , King of Prussia, PA
Thu Jul 8, 2010
Don't know where some of these reveiws came from. Certainly they don't describe the Towers I have lived in for 15 years. It is NOT an over 55 community. The building has a mixture of all ages. Not a lot of children but a lot of professional people who find that they get a lot more value for their dollar at the Towers. It is a diverse community. The units vary in price depending on how much remodeling has been done to the unit. Some units are in need of updating but many have been totally gutted out, remodeled and are beautiful. The buildings themselves are managed well and the esteriors have recently been redone. The lobby in the 1000 building just completed a beautifull renovation and modernization and the outside grounds and park area with it;s beautiful fountain are nearing completion for complete new lighting and landscaping. The elevators in the 1000 building are brand new. Units here are about the best value you can get in the Philadelphia area....but word is getting out and units are selling more quickly. I have no intention of selling as it is a great place to live. The area is safe, across the highway from Valley Forge National Park.... 5 minutes to the King of Prussia Mall......about a hafl hour into the city. Show me a better value anywhere in the area.
Tanel, Both Buyer And Seller, Valley Forge, PA
Sun Apr 18, 2010
run as fast as you can. no appreciation now. management is corrupt and on the take. more than 20 units for sale is a lot. it has seen it's day and it's over now. money pit
Joshua Sandl…, , King of Prussia, PA
Thu Apr 15, 2010
Valley Forge Towers South is a building in transition for the better, and Ive seen it happen over the 9 years living there. The mix of residents is now skewing younger as the older residents pass, or move South or into retirement communities. Estate and "desperation" sales have driven up inventory and depressed prices. It's a very well run building; the association prepared years in advance to replace the elevators, roof and mall features all within the past thee years without any assessments (except for totally unexpected balcony repairs that were needed to bring things up to code). So if anybody thinks the HOA fees are high ... think again. They include all utilities (heat and A/C), 24x7 security, cable, beautiful grounds keeping, the clubhouse, tennis courts, and superb snow removal; they replace out hot water heaters and air conditioning units before they fail as part of the HOA fee. The only other bill I get is from Verizon for a land line. You can purchase a separately deeded garage for about $25k. The mall that connects the three buildings provides the services of a deli, bank, salons, dentists, and a great tailor/cleaner. It's been turnkey living for me these past 9 years. The Council is strict about the rules, but when you have 250 units on 15 floors, I appreciate that things stay sane in the place and people honor each others privacy and right to peaceful living. That's a major attribute ! So from my perspective, Ric is a whiner and should move. I'm very happy there and I'm not a "senior retiree".
Ric, , King of Prussia, PA
Fri Jan 15, 2010
Valley Forge Towers South is somwhat of a retirement complex or 55+ community. I would say 90% of people that live here are 65+. Not a great place for a starter family of people with kids. I do agree with the previous review, HOA fees are very high at Valley Forge Towers South, don't know about VFTW as much. In average 600-700$ in condo fees to be paid. Condos are cheap though, 200 000 not bad, but you are stuck with condo fees forever in a box with paper walls. Well, it says luxury condos, but it seems strange to me that luxury costs 200 000$ :). Amenities that are coming at VFT club are not that great. The pool is dirty and small, have seen peoples hair and body oil on the surface, doesn't seem to be taken care of. I always see people (55+) playing bingo at the clubhouse and having loud fun, when ... Well, my kids don't enjoy it here, there are noise limits and even time schedule when kids can use the pool. btw you can't enter the building from the main (ver nice looking) lobby if you have any groceries or bags. My guests were asked to walk around the building because they had bags and a cake at my daughters birthday. Well, maybe I am just an unhappy citizen of Valley Forge Towers South or maybe I am just too young to live here, yet too come ( in 30 years will be 60), but I do want to put my condo for sale by owner. Unfortunately I need to compete with other 50 unhappy people like me that are desperate to sell their luxury condoMINimums too... I learned my lesson. ...
Horlow , , 19440
Fri Feb 29, 2008
Kelly two, I can email you the sales activity report of VFT.