What if there is no HOA fee listed for the condo's. What does that mean?

Asked by cindybattle2, Gardena, CA Sun Mar 24, 2013

Answers

9
, ,
Thu Aug 7, 2014
It means the listing agent forgot to type it in
John Barcelon, Agent, Cerritos, CA
Tue Jul 29, 2014
Hi Cindybattle2,
If there is no HOA fee stated on the listing then the agent may have forgotten to add it. Otherwise it may be best to double check with the agent.
Shannon Jones, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sat Jun 28, 2014
It could mean that the agent neglected to put the information in. Or it could mean that the HOA doesn't actually have a fee. But it's best to look into it and determine the circumstances.
Alex Montelo…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sat Jun 28, 2014
Actually, in response to everyone else's comments... Usually every condo has an HOA. I currently have a condo listed for sale that does not have monthly HOA dues. So those answers are not necessarily correct. I hope that you are using an agent to help you with your purchase. Ask your agent to call and verify the HOA dues. Then you'll know for sure.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-8110-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #014569852
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Wed Jun 25, 2014
It means the agent made an error when inputting the listing most likely.

Condo developments will have a HOA, and the HOA will assess a fee.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Robert Finger, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Mar 26, 2013
All Condo's have an Hoa fee, it must be either an over sight or did not get imported to the website in which you gathered the info. It is important to have that info and also what it includes, including if they have good reserves for future tasks and current maintenance. There are Hoa associations in which are not recieving monies from all members of complexes, do to some of the condo owners current financial situation such as owners in default and financial distress which can effect lendability and strength of the Hoa and complex. The last thing one needs is to get excited about a complex that is in distress do to loss of hoa dues of it's member owners. In some cases the loss of revenue will have to sometimes be gathered by future assesments to be paid by the rest of the members to keep up with operation and maintenance cost. I would deffinately look into all the above. The hoa payment is also part of your lending ratios and is needed in determining your buying power. I do both Real Estate and Lending and am available to answer many of your questions and concerns. Please give me a call for any of your Real Estate And Lending Needs.
Thank You,
Robert Finger
562-577-2888
DRE Lic# 01307561
NMLS Lic.# 268502
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Hello Cindy,

This simply means the listing agent forgot to enter the HOA fee information.

If you are looking to purchase a condo in the near future, and need representation from a buyer's agent, please feel free to contact me.

I would be happy to assist you or simply answer any additional questions you may have.

Kawain Payne,Realtor
714-293-11-5
KawaindPayne@gmail.com
Ian Hand, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Either a third party website has not transposed the information from the Multiple Listing Service, or the listing agent omitted the HOA dues from the original listing. Try checking alternate real estate websites, or ask an agent to consult the MLS.
Rose Amadeus, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
If you let me know the property, I can contact the listing agent and see if that is an error...

Rose Amadeus
562-305-6486