What golf developments in greater Palm Springs area (Rancho Mirage/Indian Wells/La Quinta etc) have good?

Asked by Desmond Coyle, malibu, CA Sat Apr 19, 2008

Any suggestions as to what developments in Greater Palm Springs area (Rancho/indian Wells/La Quinta etc) would be advisable to purchase in, which have well run and financially viable HOA's, good (well maintained) golf facilities, less wind exposure - where a decent fairway SF home home, with private pool, could be purchased below $800K?
DC

Answers

9
Pablo Gonzal…, Agent, Cathedral City, CA
Sat May 10, 2008
My suggestion is Indian Wells Country club Golf membership is available with the sale of the property.
Since 1956, Indian Wells Country Club has been known as the "Fun Club of the Desert." The Club has grown significantly from its inception 50 years ago. Indian Wells Country Club now has more to offer its Members and guests with two courses featuring 36 challenging golf holes, seven regular men's, women's and couples golf groups and a golf academy. In addition to the golf offerings Indian Wells Country Club has a full calendar of activities for the Membership with numerous Club within the Club activities and Member events. Indian Wells Country Club boasts a spacious 70,000-square-foot clubhouse with a fitness center, men's and ladies' locker rooms, men's grille, grille and four private dining areas for weddings, golf outings and other functions. The possibilities are endless at Indian Wells Country Club. Please feel free to visit my website where you will find all kinds of information on desert real estate. http://www.DesertHomeShoppers.com
Leonardo Mon…, Agent, Rancho Mirage, CA
Wed May 7, 2008
Hi Des,

Take a look at " The Springs" . It is a gated community with an excellent golf course. But keep in mind that there are over 100 golf communities here in the desert so my suggestion for you is to narrow down by city first and then go from there. Please feel free to visit my website where you will find all kinds of information on desert real estate.
Leonardo
Web Reference:  http://www.leonardoteam.com
Kathleen Obr…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Wed May 7, 2008
Bermuda Dunes CC is a great club and you can get alto for your money there. many faiway homes on on atleast 1/3 of an acre and beautiful fairway views., Mountain View CC has some great deals and the club also has a spa. Indian Ridge in Palm Desert is also a great newer club. Indian Wells CC is another great club close to the mountains. Please view my website at dreamnowrealtor.com for more homes and info on clubs. I would love to help you I can also arrange a free round of golf at any of the clubs you would like to try out.
Web Reference:  http://dreamnowrealtor.com
Eric, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Wed May 7, 2008
Hi Des,
The best value is at La Quinta Fairways on the Dunes Golf Course in La Quinta. It's a guarded gated community, the HOA is only $216/m and that include front land maintenance and basic cable. You will also get the BEST mountain view with less wind. I bought a house in December and I love it. There is a decent number (10) of houses for sale from $625k to $900k on the golf course (some sell fast!).
Sheri Dettman, , La Quinta, CA
Tue May 6, 2008
Hi Des,

When you get a chance, take a look at my website. I think you'll find it helpful in your search. And if you like what you see, contact me and I'll be happy to assist you.

Sheri Dettman
Kathleen Obr…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Sat Apr 26, 2008
We have lots of GREAT golf developements here where you could find what you are looking for. Many of the developements have pools at the club house as well. Some of the clubs also have tennis as well. Will you be joining the golf club where you live ? Call me or email me so I can email you some homes in the clubs I specialize in. Thank you I am sure you will find the DREAM HOME you are looking for.
Nancy Hankin, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Fri Apr 25, 2008
I specialize in selling and buying in golf course communities and I would be happy to send you a list of golf membership information on various courses. I am assuming you are talking about purchasing a golf membership as well as a property. Each community also has it's own personality. Here are a few questions I ask my clients BEFORE we start looking at homes to better determine if they will find others their age with similar interests: I ask their age, as I'm sure you want to socialize with others of similar age and also similar social interests. In addition, are you also interested in tennis, hiking, biking, fitness, etc....as some of the developments also have groups that get together to partake in other activites as well.

How important is it for you to be within 10-15 minutes of shopping, theatre, restaurants, good hospital facilities? This also helps determine where you might be interested in buying. We can always find you a great home in a nice golf course development, but looking at the above considerations are also very important. You want to be in a community that you will feel comfortable in, and find others with similar interests.

I welcome a call from you to discuss this in more detail, or you can send me your email address and I will be happy to send you some further information on the various private courses in the area. As I mentioned previously, this is an area I am very familiar with. You might also want to check out some comments from other buyers who I've worked with. Just go to the link "Testimonials" on my website for this information.

I look forward hearing from you and hope this has been helpful.

Nancy Hankin: Broker Associate
SRES,CRS & e-PRO
"Old Fashioned Service Using
New Fashioned Technology"
Remax Real Estate Consultants
74-199 El Paseo Suite 101
Palm Desert, CA 92260
(866) 227-2205 Toll Free
(760) 861-5118 Direct
(760) 779-8196 Fax
Access all Desert MLS Properties for Sale via my Website
mailto:Nancy@NancyHankin.com
http://DesertHomesAndEstates.com
Elaine Stewa…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
I can't vouch for the finacially HOA's as that is a contingency to purchase, but some great clubs are Mission Hills CC in Rancho Mirage, Mountain View CC and Rancho La Quinta CC in La Quinta, and Indian Wells CC.
Web Reference:  http://www.investdesert.com
Carolyn Voet, Agent, PALM DESERT, CA
Sat Apr 19, 2008
Hi Des: We definitely have what you are looking for in the cities you mention. Let's start with the golf communities. In Rancho Mirage we have The Springs, Mission Hills, Rancho Las Palmas, Sunrise & others. Indian Wells Country Club in that city as well as the newly remodeled public course, and the community of Desert Horizons. La Quinta has several golf courses & Palm Desert has The Lakes, Palm Valley CC, Indian Ridge, Avondale, Desert Falls.

In many of these communities, there are swimming pools conveniently located throughout and some homeowners have private pools.

The HOA where I live at Indian Ridge CC is strong as well as the other communities. To find out what the financial picture is as well as planned changes to HOA developments, we can order copies of the HOA documents with the last 12 months minutes from their Board of Directors meetings for your reading pleasure.

In addition, desert golfers have the opportunity to play on a designated golf course for reduced fees in every city in the desert. For example, residents of Palm Desert can play at Desert Willow, rated as one of the top 10 public courses in the United States, for $45.00. Green fees for non-residents is $165. These 2 courses are some of the most beautiful anywhere. In La Quinta, you play on the new Silver Rock course; Mission Hills is used by Rancho Mirage residents and Indian Wells has it's course.

I can begin sending you information on homes for sale in our golf course communities, or if you would like me to set you up to access our multiple listing service to do searches on golf course communities, please send me your email address and you can take a look at the homes available and I'll send you a list of the golf courses with their membership fees and phone numbers to contact the membership office with your questions.

If you plan on being in the desert, we can take a look at some courses and homes so you can begin narrowing your search if you are planning to buy a home in the desert.

We also have several golf course communities for 55+ residents if that is of any interest to you.

We definitely have a buyer's market at this time and there are many homes to choose from.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Carolyn Voet, ePRO
Committed to Excellence
Windermere Real Estate
Indian Wells
760/774-6510 (cell)
http://www.carolynvoet.mywindermere.com
MailTo:cvoet@sonic.net