Peg, Home Buyer in Fruitland Park, FL

What fees etc do buyers pay in Lake cty? What fees etc do buyers pay?

Asked by Peg, Fruitland Park, FL Thu Oct 27, 2011

I'm looking for how much and what buyers pay in closing costs in Lake County FL. It looks like the seller is paying for most of the costs.

fl

Answers

3
Dana Brunetti, Agent, Mount Dora, FL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Peg,

Should you pay cash for any property, your closing costs will be minimal. The largest cost is the commission which is paid for by the seller. Another large cost is the title insurance and in the State of Florida it is customary for the seller to pay this cost. Also alot of these costs are based on the sales price and are calculated as such. If I can help in any way further, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am just an email dbrunetti@tomgrizzard.com or phone call 352-636-0590 away.
Gerry Suarez…, , Lake County, FL
Fri Oct 28, 2011
Peg, in Lake County the buyer typically pays everything but the doc stamps on the deed and the owner's title policy. Remember that everything is negotiable, and that the type of financing, who you’re buying from, and many other factors can affect how much you pay.

Ideally you need to sit down with your real estate agent and lender (if applicable) and go over your specific case. Trolling the internet for info will usually give you a lot of useless (and oftentimes wrong) data!

Julie Taylor, , Leesburg, FL
Fri Oct 28, 2011
Peg,
That is correct, the seller pays the majority of closing costs. If a buyer is paying cash they pay: their portion of title policy, proration of taxes and HOA if there is one, inspections and survey. If the buyer is financing it will be those charges plus: recording fees on mortgage, deed and financing, lenders title policy, an appraisal and any other loan charges.

I specialize in selling homes in Fruitland Park and Lake and Sumter Counties. If you would like more information on homes in these areas please give me a call at 352-728-4832 or email me at jtaylor@tomgrizzard.com.
I hope this was helpful and let me know if I can help in any other way.
Julie Taylor