What effect will come in winter time real state?

Asked by Shonaa, Fremont, CA Tue Jun 25, 2013

Answers

8
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Hi Shonaa,

There's a fairly predictable seasonality pattern that starts towards the end of the 3rd Quarter and follows through the end of the year. In fact, here's a May 2012 to May 2013 that shows this for Fremont:http://docs.steven-anthony.com/FremontDetached0513.pdf

-Steve
Ali Qureshi, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Apr 8, 2014
I am sure you must have noticed this winter was unusual for real estate market as the market had limited inventory just like now.
Natasha Green, Agent, Danville, CA
Thu Jun 27, 2013
I believe Shonaa that while there is very little competition from multiple buyers wanting the same property in winter, iff a seller is motivated, they will definately consider a lower offer or a contigent offer during this time frame. I also believe many sellers are more flexible on their home's sale price during winter because they anticipate fewer ready, willing and able buyers. Also, you get to see what the home is really made of - is it well insulated? How does the greenery hold up in the cold weather? And so on.

Hope this information helps.
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
If you wait until winter to try to buy thinking that prices will decline I think that you will be disappointed. I expect prices to contine upwards but at a slower pace. Interest rates are still good. Inventory is still low. Buyers are still buying. I do not see a drastic change in those market conditions on the short term.
Brian Ripp, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
As the others have stated, people buy homes throughout the entire year. However, some times you can get a better price due to the market. It's mostly about supply and demand. Keep looking and you'll find the right home. Sit down with your realtor and discuss the market and market trends.

Brian
John Souerbry, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
People will wear sweaters and jackets when they go to out to look at properties.
Other than that, there will be fewer listings since winter is not a time when people like to move, even in California.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Winter means something different to us, than it does in Minnesota or New York:
People always, constantly, have a reason to Buy or Sell; and our fair weather in winter does nothing to discourage them.
We usually see a slowdown in December, but that is no so much a function of the weather.
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
I'm assuming you are asking what will happen to the real estate market in the winter season ...

To be honest, no one knows. I personally believe we will see a slower, more stable market. I don't believe we'll go backwards - there is too much cash under the existing market. In reality, many parts of the Bay Area are already starting to see a slowdown - I think we are going to see a light rally in the short-term because of increasing interest rates, then a tapering off towards fall.
.