What does it mean to hire an agent to help with buying a house? And how to go about it? Does that mean that agent will proactively help?

Asked by Ysarah95, New York, NY Tue Jun 4, 2013

Answers

3
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Seller pays commission and you reap rewards of having support in this most important journey. Find a good one - and then be loyal and you will receive the same in return. There is no benefit to using many agents, it will only dilute the service and attention you receive from any one of them. I remind my buyers that by working together exclusively I am in the position to help them bring the search into focus. You lose that when you bounce from agent to agent.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Julie Schaef…, Agent, Florence, KY
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Don't let the HIRE part scare you as it sounds as if you have to pay us a fee up front to help you (which you do not). The best way to find an agent is to ask friends/family/co-workers for the names of agents they have worked with and were satisfied with the results. Once you find an agent, the agent will help you find a mortgage lender, help you find homes that fit your criteria, set up showings for those homes, review the homes with you, review all contracts, and stay with you until you find your "dream home" and close on that home. Good luck to you
Lynn Fashemp…, Agent, Beaumont, CA
Tue Jun 4, 2013
It is always best to work with a Real Estate agent when purchasing a home. I'm not sure about New York, however in California, the buyer doesn't pay the agent to find a home. The seller pays an agent who brings a buyer and completes the purchase. You can look on line for agents in your area and select one that you think would fit your needs. You may find one that you like working with the first time you call, however if you find that you and the agent don't seem to work well together, you can shop for another one. However, please when you find an agent that fits your needs, stay with that agent. Agents work very hard for no money until the deal is completed. Sometimes it takes a long time to get you into a home, however a good agent will keep at it until you are satisfied with the home that you purchase. Hope this helps.