Home Buying in Muskegon>Question Details

Tom, Home Buyer in Muskegon County, MI

What does it cost to hook up to city sewer and water in a home that is currently on septic and well water?

Asked by Tom, Muskegon County, MI Mon Aug 3, 2009

why cant I find out how to connect to the city sewer in Yucaipa Ca lost just every where cant find anything.
I would first start by contacting the municipality where the home is located. If you call the township or city they can tell you what the hook-up fees are. From there, you will need to contact a plumber and/or excavator to get a bid on the actual physical costs to hook up. This number will vary from home to home based on how far back from the road the home sits, what type of foundation, and the state of the current plumbing in the home (i.e. cast iron can be a nightmare to update). I hope this helps. If you need assistance finding the contact info for your municipality, reply to this question or shoot me an email. Good luck!

thank you
Flag Tue Jan 14, 2014