Home Buying in Chelmsford>Question Details

Lchomebuyer, Home Buyer in Chelmsford, MA

What does a disclosure of water debt 28 years mean to a homebuyer?

Asked by Lchomebuyer, Chelmsford, MA Thu Feb 2, 2012

Heath Coker’s answer
I would ask the listing professional. I'd also contact the town/city/regional/state entity that may have the facts and figures.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Its hard to answer without knowing what your referencing.... could you be talking about a sewer/water betterment. Sometimes they give an assessment a period of years to be paid 28 years seems pretty long though. Where are you seeing this disclosure?

Also if you are working with a buyers agent they should get to the bottom of it quickly
Any debt or betterment will have to be paid by the seller to get clear title. I would reccommend you call the town and see exactly what the debt is.

Give me a call if you have any more questions.

Tom Courtney
Remax Prestige
(978) 265-7917
Could be a sewer betterment that is paid through the tax bill. A betterment is the fee to hook up to the system and can be paid off over years.

Your best bet is to ask the Listing agent why it's disclosed and then check with a re attorney to see what risk there is.
Are you sure you are reading this correctly?
The typical seller's disclosure asks if there has been water penetration with the ownership of the home.
Where are you seeing this?