MS, Other/Just Looking in Saint Petersburg, FL

What do you think of Waterside at Coquina Key? Is it a good place to buy/live?

Asked by MS, Saint Petersburg, FL Wed May 20, 2009

Answers

4
Waterside at Coquina Key is a nice complex. It is in an area that is still in transition but that is what makes it so desireable to so many. Coquina Key was once considered to be THE place to live and then they began developing downtown St Petersburg and the focus shifted. Now Coquina Key is in transition and starting to shine again. Depending on what you are looking for this property is well worth a review.
Waterside on Coquina Key is an apartment conversion project. There are 900+ units in two developments and are Bermuda style . Most units are waterfront and docks are available. They have a resident's restaurant and bar, convenience store, swimming pools and dog walks. The community has tropical landscaping and also has manned gatehouses. Parking is mostly open but carports and garages may be available. Without question this is the most affordable waterfront community in St. Pete. There are plenty of foreclosures going on but this community will "shake out" and will soon become a great place to live. Units range from 500sf to 1300sf and start in the 70's. Please let me know if you would like information on current listings.
Jack Klosinski
Broker Associate
Charles Rutenberg Realty
jklosinski@tampabay.rr.com
(727) 735-4100
No, it is not a good place to live. Check out the crime stats!

Jo Harrington, St. Pete, Fl.
Coquina Key is a wonderful mixture of historic homes and new construction. You will notice this as you make your way to the water. Homes on the island range from low one hundreds to a over a million. Coquina Key is also very close to Downtown St Pete with museums, movie theaters, shopping and dining. Additionaly Coquina Key has gorgeous waterfront views and offers a life style different from other areas in Saint Petersburg.

The waterfront is great, open to the bay, deep water. You can put your boat in the water, be on Tampa Bay immediately and be on the Gulf in 15-30 minutes no problem. Currently the neighborhood association is working to make Coquina Key a more beautiful place to live. I would suggest that once you buy a home there you take the chance to join the association and become involved in what is going on around the island and meet your neighbors.

The island is blessed to have its own park that is only used by the local residents and a shopping center that allows for late night shopping close to home.

If you would like me to send you available listings in Coquina Key I would be more than delighted. Just email me your name, desired price range, what you are looking for ,and your email, and I'll send you properties. My email is MurrayMeansSold@gmail.com and I look forward to your response.

Kyle D. Murray
727-688-8807