Honestly, negotiations would be difficult because Altaire has sufficient demand already. There have been 7 sales in the last year, and 4 more currently pending.
**** PROS ****
1. Itâ€™s in Palo Alto! The city in general offers excellent weather, excellent schools (sorry, I disagree with the poster who criticised them), restaurants, etc.
2. Larger units than some other PA complexes.
3. JCC nearby offers lots of features/services.
4. Quick access to 101.
**** CONS ****
1. High HOA fees do not include pool or gym. To my knowledge, free membership to JCC only lasts 1 year.
2. No good views, and not a walkable area in terms of restaurants/shopping, or even just neighborhood walks. In comparison, Sterling will have two on-site parks, located in a true neighborhood, and just a few blocks walk to Philz Coffe;)
3. Parking is an issue, since you don't have a garage, unlike Sterling or Echelon.
4. Located on a very busy intersection, and lots of traffic from JCC. As JCC becomes more popular and starts hosting more events, you can expect increased traffic. If you want a quieter location, you may consider Echelon, or even Sterling (the noise wall blocking 101 traffic is pretty effective).
5. Built on top of contaminated soil. Of course there were safety measures put in during construction, but if underground VOCâ€™s are a concern for you â€“ just be aware.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you need further assistance.