What do you think about property in Stockdale ranch in Bakersfild CA. thanks

Asked by My Name, Stockdale Ranch, Bakersfield, CA Fri Oct 8, 2010

There is a short sale deal in this area that bank approve for 183k, but comps around this area is 186k. I do not think this is good deal for me.

Answers

6
Darrel Mills’ answer
Darrel Mills, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Sat Oct 9, 2010
I think that Stockdale Ranch is a wonderful place to live. By pure coincidence I am actually hosting an Open House in that area at 18 Ulysses from 1-4pm Saturday, October 9th. It's a 5 bedroom, 2 3/4 bath, large master with his and hers closests, big kitchen with cabinets galore and granite countertops, 2-car garage located on a cul-de-sac. Stop by and visit if you are in the neighborhood!

Darrel Mills Team
Platinum Re…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Fri Oct 8, 2010
Well, the answer is...it depends. Are you buying it as an investment or to live in? Are you a first time home buyer? What kind of financing are you using?
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Oct 8, 2010
You mentioned--"I do not think this is good deal for me"---it sounds as if you made your decision--keep in mind that opinions are often subjective and what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another--therefore, think about it, review comps once more, etc., and then follow your gut.
Sandra Treto, , Bakersfield, CA
Fri Oct 8, 2010
There are more comps than Real Estate agents can see on the mls. Have you been able to get an appraisal on the property? Dont base the price so much on comps you must also see what repairs the property needs.
Did the other properties need repair? Did the other properties have more updgrades? Those are some of the questions and things you have to know to determine if its a good deal or not. Thanks
Robert and D…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Fri Oct 8, 2010
Just from the information you have provided, it sounds like you would be getting a fair deal. If you are looking for a really good deal, you will more than likely have to find more of a "Fixer Upper". Banks will not sell for much less than market value, unless there is something wrong with the property. Stockdale Ranch is a popular area of town with excellent resale values. We personally own a property in this area and bought because of the great location and excellent school district.

Best wishes,

Dawn
Bart Tipton, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Fri Oct 8, 2010
Feel free to contact us regarding this area. It is in an area we are very familiar with. We would be more than happy to show you competing properties and get you inside the home to see it if you haven't already.