What do people think about the Blossom Park Villa on Parkway Blvd?

Asked by Capital Investor, Orlando, FL Fri Sep 17, 2010

The community seems to be the only Condo community on Parkway Blvd as that area is surrounded by Hotels, is this a good thing? And how does this community compare to Legacy Dunes as they share the same zip code. I'm looking to buy a unit for long term rental purposes. Thanks

Answers

8
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Thu Oct 7, 2010
The number one difference between Blossom Park Villas and Legacy Dunes is the size of the units. Blossom Park has only 1 and 2 bedroom units. Legacy Dunes does have 1, 2, 3, and 4 bed units. In both places you will find the apartments on the small side. Under 1000 sq ft for the 2 beds and the 4 bed at Legacy is only 1377 sq ft.

Number two is age. Blossom Park is now 20 years old, while Legacy Dunes is only 10 years old. Oddly enough that would tend to favor Blossom Park as the odds of the air-co system having been already replaced will be higher. Do keep in mind when buying older bargain condos, that the air-co system will often need replacement now or in the near future. The builders went as cheap as possible and a 10 to 12 year life is about the max you can expect.

Got to admit that neither of these places would come to mind when recommending bargain condos to clients for short term rental. As noted they are both in the middle of mainly tourist areas. I'd think you would find better places for long term in Kissimmee proper.
Nick, Home Buyer, Coral Gables, FL
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Im interested in these properties as there been any updates in the past couple of years?
Yroc, Home Buyer, Kissimmee, FL
Tue Dec 6, 2011
Blossom Park Villas if your looking for a stable condo to live in, Legacy Dunes if your looking for a rental unit.
Henry, Home Buyer, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 29, 2011
I am trying to secure a set of condo docs, to include the declarations of a condominium, the articles of incorporation, the by-laws and the rules & regulations. Can someone email them to me?
Karyn Smith, Agent, Champions Gate, FL
Tue Oct 5, 2010
I am glad it was useful. You should also bear in mind that Blossom Park may only be used for living in or Long Term Rentals - Legacy can be both of those plus STR (short term rental). I was up there today and the HOA is just in the process of changing I asked for the financials if you give me your e-mail address I will send them to you when I get them.
Capital Inve…, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Tue Oct 5, 2010
Thanks for the response Karyn. It was most helpful. I was looking at the condo docs for Blossom Park Villa, it seems like their HOA is fairly stable, and not many foreclosure hitting the market. Any idea as to the stability of the HOA at Legacy Dunes, and whether the foreclosure wave has pass it?

Dp2, , Virginia
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Keep in mind that some condo associations have guidelines that prohibit rentals or restrict the number of rentals. And the ones that allow them often reserve the right to revoke that permission. They do this, because many lenders pay close attention to the ratio of owners to renters (which also might affect you if you plan to use any leverage).
Karyn Smith, Agent, Champions Gate, FL
Fri Sep 17, 2010
They are both in good locations Blossom Park being opposite Celebration and Legacy Dunes being in the newest part of the 192 to be developed. Personally I prefer Legacy I think the condos have better floorplans, higher ceilings, alot of the condos have water views and the facilites are nicer. Both are good buys however, I just bought in LD and rented it out within a couple of weeks.

Happy to answer any more questions Karyn@searchfloridahome.com