Theresa Corr…, Renter in Lebanon, PA

What do first time home buyers have to do to start the process for buying a home?

Asked by Theresa Correll, Lebanon, PA Fri Mar 8, 2013

It is best to start with a REALTOR. You may call me at 717-813-1700 and I will be happy to answer all of your questions in great detail. The next step is to secure the right lender that will offer you the best rates and closing costs. Then we go shopping for your new home...! Brenda Miller, REMAX Cornerstone Accredited Buyers Representative and Certified Negotiating Expert; for more details about me, please visit my website at http://www.BrendaLeeMiller.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 15, 2013
The first step in the process should be to get mortgage pre-approved so you know where you stand.

Contact your local bank, or ask a Real Estate agent for a list of lender they trust.

By doing so, you will know how much you qualify for based on your income and credit history, and you will also be ready to make an offer when you find a home you love!
The first time home buying expereince should be enjoyable and you need an agent that will be patient with you the entire way. I just helped a mom build her first home and was with her through the entire process. She reallly appreciate how I gave her the time to make sure she understood the process. I would recommend contacting a reputable mortgage lender and a REALTOR®. Please feel free to contact me at 717-926-6710 or by email justinsmith@cbsp.com to discuss this process. I also have a good reccommendatoin for a mortage lender. She is really good with first time buyers and getting them in the correct program. The mortgage lender will also let you know how the FHA rules are changing. I enjoy working with the first time buyer and hope you give me a call.
Start saving now. Talk to someone in the business so you know how much down you will need - then save some more. You can never have too much.
first thing you do is call me at 717-304-3869
2nd thing you do is we get you a pre-qualification letter
3rd thing we do is look at homes according to what you
are qualified for.
I help you every step of the way to make this fun and a
smooth experience.
many programs for financing! Call me!
Hi Theresa,

My advice would be to speak with a real estate agent. Being a first time home buyer, there are a few programs available to you to help with financing, depending on credit, income, and the location of the house you might be interested in.

If your not interested in those programs, I would get a mortgage preapproval to start. You can get one from your local lending institution. Some are pamphlets that you fill out and return at your leisure, some are face to face meetings, and some can be done online. If you would like a few recommendations my number is 717.376.2952 and email nstefonich@prudentialhomesale.com and I would be more than happy to help you out.