What could be the price difference if a house of 50000$ have one bathroom or have 1.5 bathrooms? Thanks

Asked by Noam Ben Zvi, Indianapolis, IA Thu Sep 12, 2013

Answers

4
Avery Garrett, Agent, Greenwood, IN
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Hi again Noam,

My best answer is that it depends... Pricing a house is as much of an art as it is a science. Yes, we pull comps, look at inventory in area, and look at market trends, but there often times it is more of a feeling, or instinct.

The value of the home is equal to the most someone will pay for it, just like any other product or commodity.

Contact me, let me take a look at the house, and we can discuss what investments would increase your homes value.

Avery Garrett, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Kaiser
317-721-2274
Soldbyavery@gmail.com
Thank You
I am asking about bathroom price -not the house !!
Flag Fri Sep 13, 2013
Avery Garrett, Agent, Greenwood, IN
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Hi Noam,

I just seen your response to my answer. Sorry for my/our confusion. It appears you are asking for the price difference to install 1.5 baths vs the price to install only 1 bath? Is that correct?

The cost for this still depends on a variety of unknowns. I work with a couple very good contractors who can provide a free quote on this, or any other construction you plan on doing.

Go ahead and give me a call so we can discuss your objectives on this project, and figure out the best way to make that happen.

Avery Garrett, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Kaiser
317-721-2274
soldbyavery@gmail.com
Mitch Rolsky, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Every agent has their own approach and while most would agree on the elements that impact a value few will agree on the amount of the adjustment. Said another way this process is not an exact science! Additionally the amount can vary within sub markets depending how atypical an amenity is. So first and foremost i would encourage you to work with an agent that has a lot of experience in the target area, ideally it should be their primary focus.

All that said i typically value full baths at 10K and half baths at 5K and both amounts would need to be adjusted for recent updates or lack there of. Also keep in mind that comparisons should be made only to sold properties within the past 6 months. Sellers or hungry agents, desperate for a listing, can list a home at whatever price they want! The only thing that matters is what a willing buyer has actually paid!

Good luck and feel free to contact me to see if i might have the market expertise that you can leverage with your home purchase.
Glenn Lewzad…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Generally when a Comparative Market Analysis is done a valuation adjustment is made for the number of bathrooms/half-bathrooms. The adjustment value varies depending on several factors. Usually the amount used for a half-bath is anywhere from $1000.00 and could be higher depending on the neighborhood, house etc.