What closing gifts do you give your buyers and sellers?

Asked by Jason Walter, Sacramento, CA Thu Jan 9, 2014

Answers

6
Paul Ponitko…, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Thu Jan 16, 2014
I have been purchasing a home warranty as a closing gift and it's been very appreciated. I like the wine idea, but not all of my clients drink.
Janice Cheung, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Tue Jan 14, 2014
The best closing gift is a nice bottle of "Dom Perignon" or good red wine to my clients. Sometimes I will add a "Home Warranty Protection Plan" for my buyer, bonsai or lucky bamboo will also works.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sat Jan 11, 2014
I just answered a similar question. If they like to drink a vintage bottle of fine Red always works. Or if you really liked them a good bottle of single malt scotch or an award winning bottle of "Writers Tears" Irish Whisky will blow them away. If they're not drinkers I usually give them tix to a Padre or Charger game depending on the time of year. Or a gift certificate to a fine restaurant will always work.
Tracy Ong, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Thu Jan 9, 2014
So many options! I always try to make it personal.

I had some clients who wanted to grow their own garden so I got them a gift basket filled with gardening tools, seeds, and other things of that sort and a baby apple tree for a head start. Otherwise, they would be waiting awfully long for their first apple!

Another client always had to have his morning coffee, so I got them a nice coffee maker for their new kitchen.

If you can't come up with any ideas, gift cards to HomeDepot, Lowes, Target, Crate&Barrel etc work great. Otherwise, you can never go wrong with a thank you/congratulations dinner. Sometimes, your clients will treat as a thank you to YOU for all your hard work. =)

I think the more personal the gift is, the more appreciative and meaningful it will be!
Pinterest has always helped me with creative ideas.
J Mario Preza, Agent, Daly City, CA
Thu Jan 9, 2014
There are so many ways to go, but, I've tried a few of the various things that one may typically give, e.g., Basket, Tickets, Appliances, Computer! (nowadays a tablet would probably be a really well received gift, ENGRAVED with your info, je, je...). But the one I think was the best received was a sincere thank you with a family gathering at a restaurant (or even sponsoring the housewarming party) -- all of which I have done, and the last one(s) were the best because it cements the relationship -- not just business!
Monte Ritz, Home Buyer, Sleepy Hollow, NY
Thu Jan 15, 2015
Custom architectural drawings offer a touch of class and rewards for broker and client for years to come. I recently partnered with some real estate friends to produce custom closing gifts and the response has been extraordinary.
Take a look:
http://tinyportraits.me/

also:
http://monteritz.com/