Donna, Home Buyer in Schaumburg, IL

What can you tell me about the Shoe Factory Lofts in Elgin?

Asked by Donna, Schaumburg, IL Tue Mar 31, 2009

Answers

9
Anne Traynor, , Bartlett, IL
Sat Apr 4, 2009
Donna- I lived there in the late nineties- early 2000's ..I LOVED IT! They are so unique!! I would definitely reccomend buying there if you love the loft feel--Both of the bedrooms had exposed brick..High ceilings--Very nice..Neighbors were nice too....
Edward J. Pl…, , Carol Stream, IL
Fri Apr 3, 2009
Cobbler's Crossing is a hidden gem in Elgin. But it is a totally different community. Yes, the townhomes in Cobbler's Crossing offer private entrances, the natural setting available in some of those units is a nature lover's dream. Some units back to a huge pond. They allow fishing in the pond. Some residents and would-be buyers find that attractive, others find it offensive. Other units back to wooded and grassland preserves. It is a community built in the early '90s. Some units have been totally updated. Some have been allowed to decline. Overall, the association does a great job of maintenance at a very reasonable assessment. So, at least on the exterior, it is a neat and tidy community. There is no sense of history. Construction is typical modern frame, aluminum siding with a token amount of brick veneer thrown in. A good combination of new construction and historical feel can also be found in Elgin. There are townhomes closer to downtown Elgin that are recent construction but incorporating many of the classical architectural motifs of the old buildings in Chicago. Call me for further details. It is a matter of taste and preference. I always strive to determine my client's taste and work for their 100% satisfaction. I specialize in Elgin. Whatever your tastes and preferences are, I will find the right property for you. Elgin has it all. I won't try to sell you something else.

Ed Plaskacz
Prudential Starck Realtors
630-561-0885
AskEdAboutRE@hotmail.com
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Fri Apr 3, 2009
They would not be my first choice. Have you checked into getting a loan in there yet? I think there are much nicer subdivisions, with nicer surroundings-for instance the townhouses with private entries down the street in Cobbler's Crossing. Cook County taxes will be lower and much more natural beauty, not an old factory converted....
Lyn Sims, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Tue Mar 31, 2009
I didn't see your 2nd part of the question until now, I think it is a safe neighborhood. Prices have come down from previous sales. People just might want to move on and give you an opportunity. One other thing that I forgot to add was the word: Character! That's what they have there.
Web Reference:  http://www.LynSims.net
Lyn Sims, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Tue Mar 31, 2009
Nice, I remember being in the models not too long ago. There are a few for sale if you are interested. I thought it was a unique way to use a historical building. Elgin goes a good job with the different Historical landmarks keeping them/saving them/rehabbing etc. This is just a different version of the theme. I liked the oversized ceilings and the exposed brick. Don't see that often enough in the burbs!

Let me know if you need anything else.
Web Reference:  http://www.LynSims.net
Edward J. Pl…, , Carol Stream, IL
Tue Mar 31, 2009
Hi Donna,
Yes there is a market for Chicago-style lofts in the suburbs. In fact, some new construction out here was trying to mimic the historic feel of that style. Bartlett has built a few by the metra train station. They were well into the $300's a few years back. I don't believe there are any currently on the market. I also have seen some around downtown Arlington Heights. What you have in Elgin is authenticity not imitation. I have never seen buyers have this much control in the market. I would be happy to do a pricing analysis for you to determine where would be a good point to start. But I as said earlier, buyers who are bold enough to make offers are rewarded. Call me today.
Ed Plaskacz
Prudential Starck REALTORS
630-561-0885
AskEdAboutRE@hotmail.com
http://eplaskacz.starckrealtors.com
Edward J. Pl…, , Carol Stream, IL
Tue Mar 31, 2009
Hi Donna,
I consider Elgin one of the most underappreciated communities in the Western Suburbs. A world-class symphony orchestra, scenic riverfront, historic homes and a community that cares enough about its future to actually put the riverboat casino revenue to work in a massive downtown renovation program. Make no mistake, challenges remain. However, many lifelong Elginites would not think of living anywhere else. The Shoe Factory lofts bring a lot of Elgin's historic charm right into your future living room. Exposed wood beams, posts and brick. An elevator building with garage space. Two bedroom condo's currently starting at $175,000. But in this market buyers bold enough to make offers are rewarded with large price/financing concessions. There is also the First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit to consider.
Call or email me today for further details and to schedule a showing appointment.
Ed Plaskacz
Prudential Starck REALTORS
630-561-0885
AskEdAboutRE@hotmail.com
http://eplaskacz.starckrealtors.com
Donna, Home Buyer, Schaumburg, IL
Tue Mar 31, 2009
Is there a market for Chicago-style lofts in the suburbs? What is a realistic buying price today? How is the neighborhood?
Gino Metallo, Agent, Elgin, IL
Tue Mar 31, 2009
There are 3 for sale, 1 of them is under contract. Open Floor Plan.
What else would you like to know?