Home Buying in Middletown>Question Details

Miki, Both Buyer and Seller in Greenwich, NY

What can you tell me about the Middletown area in Deleware.....or the surrounding ares of

Asked by Miki, Greenwich, NY Thu Jan 24, 2008

Deleware.
mk

Answers

8
Moved to Middletown from Philly suburb five years ago. younger daughter graduated from Middletown High School. School District is absolutely the state's best. Have built two homes here. We are in great subdivision within town limits on a lakefront acre lot. We wouldn't have been able to find or afford this anywhere else. BE AWARE that a major limited access highway is being built on the west side of town that will follow a north/south alignment. Work on RT 301 will begin soon and will impact many existing and planned subdivisions. Go over the route map with your realtor (available on DelDot website) and make sure you avoid any homes within a .5 miles of the planned route. We built our first house here close to Rt 1 and about went nuts from the noise. Sold it six months after moving in. BTW, I'm not a realtor.
great town growing rapidly. great time to buy. they are great prices around. nice area to grow and in the coming years.

thanks
nd
Hey Miki,
As an agent in Delaware I am constantly doing deals in Middletown. My clients usually like the open space with the abilitly to still be able to drive back and forth to work without breaking the bank. Appoquinimink School district is new and well funded and overall that area is becoming more and more popular. Feel free to check out and compare School Districts for free on our webpage http://www.delpagroup.net
Web Reference: http://www.delpagroup.net
Miki,

I have lived in Middletown for over 8 years and have found it to be a very great place to live. I have two children who go the Appoquinimink School district which you can do research on to see what the system has to offer for your family. My husband and I are both full time real estate agents with Keller Williams Realty. You can visit my website at http://www.de-real.com and see what type of homes are in the area available right now. It also lets you link to some of the websites within the state that may help in your choices in moving to Delaware and also the school district site itself. Please do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions and if I can help in any way. My cell is 302-632-0121
Web Reference: http://www.de-real.com
I have lived in Middletown since 2003. It is a great place to purchase. There are a lot of new construction and Middletown is growing quickly. Even though there is a lot of growth, it still has a little bit of the country feel to it. Middletown is considered Below the Canal. Other areas close to Middletown is Odessa, Townsend, and Smyrna. The first 3 are locally known as the MOT Area. We are also close to the Maryland border as well (Cecil County).

There many professional who have moved to this area to get away from all the "hustle and bustle". However, if quiet and not so built up is more your style, Smyrna is most likely going to be the next Middletown. I know that the long term plan for Middletown is to grow it and have it be like a Metropolis like Wilmington. We are close to all major highways and local attractions. We are close to Baltimore, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York.

If you have any specific questions or want more information, you are welcome to contact me directly. I am a local Realtor and know the area well. I can be reached at rem.herman@millmanrealty.com.

Please let me know if I can answer any more of your questions.
Miki, live outside Middletown in a small town called Odessa (still considered Middletown area). Have two children who both attend the schools in the area. Schools have very active parents teachers groups. Open door policy at the school my kids attend. If you have specific questions please let me know and I will try to get you the answers.
Web Reference: http://www.HomelinkDE.com
Thank you for your real estate info...Do you live in the town? Where do you live? Can you tell me about your area in Deleware as I basically like to derive info from people's personal experience ...not based on SELLING tactics...sorry to be so straightforward in my approach..But I'm not interested in SALES TACTICS about certain areas! What is it that you PERSONALLY KNOW ABOUT THE SCHOOL SYSTEM? Do your children go there if you have any ? That's why I"m on this SITE..for REAL INFO!

Thanks for your response.

MK
Middletown, Delaware, is one of the fastest growing areas in the surrounding tri-state area. We have land and a great sense of community. Those who come want to stay. We are a town of 3,000 plus and growing. We have a great school system too. Leave the Fuss and come Visit Us !