What can you tell me about the Allendale neighborhood in Kenosha, WI?

Asked by Jocomom, Johnson County, KS Sun Jun 14, 2009

My husband and I are relocating from Kansas and are interested in the Allendale neighborhood. There doesn't seem to be a lot of homes for sale in the area. Has it been pretty stable despite the turmoil in the market? What can you tell me about the neighborhood?

Answers

3
Andrew Calla…, Agent, Kenosha, WI
Mon Jun 21, 2010
Buyer from Kansas. I would agree with what Rose has said, and can attest to first hand. I have grown up and currently live in the Allendale area. Sometimes, low amount of homes for sale can be attributed to the popularity or desire for an area. Many home owners in this area live here for most of their lives or even pass it on to family with a sale or other sale "by word of mouth". It has had a very good sales record in terms of value and time on the market. I have and do enjoy the area. It is minutes from the lake, parks, museums and downtown. The downtown area offers a growing number of restaurants, pubs, and shops over the recent years. In the summer months there is also an outdoor market on Saturdays. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or I may be of any help. Thanks and good luck!
Tom, Home Seller, Kenosha, WI
Tue Oct 20, 2009
We just moved from there (new job) and have a historic house for sale, in Allendale, just listed with Prudential. We loved the neighboorhood and it broke our hearts to leave, but the commute to the new job was too far. It used to be that no signs ever went up in Allendale- everything was word of mouth. Now a few signs go up, but still the market is small. In my mind, easily the nicest place to live in Kenosha
Rose Bogosian, Agent, Kenosha, WI
Mon Jun 15, 2009
Hi Buyer from Kansas, Yes Allendale is a stable neighborhood, Historical with some prestigious homes in area, near Lake Michigan, quant neighborhood. Southeast side of Kenosha. Desirable area. Homes generally sell quickly in normal market, with some on the market a very short time.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Rose Bogosian
Gonnering Realty Inc.
Rose@GonneringRealty.com