What can I expect to pay on average for HOA fees for $115,000 - $120,000 (20 yr-old) townhouse in Greensboro?

Asked by G, GSO Fri May 30, 2008

Answers

5
hefavorsme7, Home Owner, Greensboro, NC
Sun Mar 22, 2015
What can I expect to pay on average for HOA fees for $85,000 - $110.000 (15 y- old) condo in Greensboro
J, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Jun 11, 2008
In Greensboro I'm seeing HOA fees average from $130-150 in most areas. Another important factor is knowing what the HOA covers and what it does not cover. The best coverage is:

Master insuance premium
Real estate taxes on common areas
Management fees
Exterior building maintenance (ask specific questions about this)
Yard/landscaping maintenance
Trash removal
Water
Sewer
Pool maintenance
Pest extermination (Termites)

I'm seeing more and more HOA's that do not have a termite bond policy.

I hope this helps!
Jane Domer, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Jun 4, 2008
It varies, but somewhere in the $120-150/month, or higher, range depending on the amenties offered in the townhouse community. Please call me at 336 707-2410, to check into the specifics for the neighborhoods that interest you. Jane Domer, Prudential Carolinas Realty
Len Montgome…, Agent, High Point, NC
Sun Jun 1, 2008
HOA fees are going to have varied drivers depending on the amenities first, but also on how many homes the amenities are going to cover. Since insurance for common areas is a part, another factor could be any large claims against the HOA. All of the things that are covered should be available through the management staff or the officers (which are usually residents/neighbors). Your agent should be able to provide you a copy or at the very least point you to someone who can. I just purchased a home myself and the seller had no clue who he even paid dues to. t took about a week fo me to doscover all the people I needed to be in contact with. Let me know if I can help you.
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Fri May 30, 2008
G,
It depends on the amenities at the community. If there is a pool you will be paying at least 120. Also it depends on what they cover. Some places include water and sewer so It is all according to what is included in the HOA. I just listed and sold in 4 days a townhome in NE GSO. It had HOA fees of 130 but, they were paying a little extra for an assessment for the new siding. After the siding is paid off it will drop back down. If you tell me what community I can tell you how much.