What areas with waterfront homes around Tampa/Clearwater, Florida are considered more upscale and desirable? Price range /- $500K?

Asked by Mark C, Biloxi, MS Fri Jul 13, 2012

Answers

11
Susan Liguori, , Tampa, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Hi Mark
There are 5 waterfront properties with docks in the link below that I would recommend based on location and upgrades.
There are 2 in the link in South Tampa, one in Dana Shores (there are others for sale in there but they need upgrading), one in Largo which may be too far for you and one in Bayport. All have access to Tampa Bay, the one in Largo to the Gulf.
Many of the waterfront homes in the area are old and in need of renovation.

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1124932…

There are also waterfront homes on large ski lakes if this is an option.
If you would like to see any of these or have any questions about other areas feel free to contact me.

Susan Liguori
Future Home Realty
813 458 2001
susanlig@yahoo.com
Angie Sherid…, Agent, Beach, ND
Sun Jul 15, 2012
Hi Mark, If you are looking for Gulf access you may want to look along the intercoastal communities. Island Estates in Clearwater could be a great option for you.
Lynn Brock, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Mark C. Your question is vague regarding the type of waterfront that you are seeking. The type of water categorizes the type of neighborhoods fronting on waterfront. For example, you require a gate?, sailboat water? a private beach? guest quarters? 3 or more car garage? a dock & davit?

Upscale and desirable is very subjective and would be determined by individual taste, need and lifestyle.

To obtain better information, clarify what you are looking for.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com

If you'd like to search the MLS like an agent in real time, you can visit our website and sign up for a free Listing Book account. You will be able to change the search criteria to suit yourself and received morning reports regarding new listings, price changes and recent pendings.
Eddie Collazo, Agent, Lithia, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Hi Mark, the Tampa Bay area offers different type of water front properties including rivers, lakes, canals, the bay, beaches and so on... Davis Island and Bay Shore are very upscale and desirable areas... if you like river front properties with access to the bay Brandon, Riverview and Apollo Beach are more affordable and if you like the beach area the Gulf of Mexico Tierra Verde in Saint Petersburg will do the job… of course there is always more so call me at 813-309-0254 or email me info@TheCollazoGroup.com for more details. Have a great day!
Bill Szydlow…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Mark,

Culbreath Isles, bay crest, Safety Harbor, and many more, depending on where you want to be. Do you need a dock??? Do you want a canal, intercoastal, river, bay or gulf view?? let us know how we can help.

Bill Szydlowski
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Hi Mark,

I would also recommend the Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs and Dunedin areas.

The problem with Dana Shores, Pelican Island (may be out of your range) and Sweetwater is you have a long way to motor to get out to the bay. Bayside at Bayport is quicker out to the bay and your boat actually stays in fresh water and you would have to use a boat lift to lift into the salt water.

Treasure Island in St. Pete Beach area may be in your range if you are okay with going that far south. Apollo Beach has newer waterfront homes but you have the coal fired power plant not too far away.

If you would like to search "like a Realtor" please sign up for a free Listingbook account on my website:

http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

If you're relocating via a relocation package and have been "assigned" a Realtor, you may have a choice to select your own Realtor as long as your Realtor agrees to pay the relocation company a significant portion of the commissions. I would be willing to pay the referral fee for buyers in your price range.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
Debbi Tinker, Agent, Brandon, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Hi Mark
You didn't indicate whether you wanted canal, lake or river and we have all of those options in Tampa. I agree Dana Shores area is good value and there are also some beautiful riverfront options in Riverview and easy bay access homes in Apollo Beach. I have lived on the water and can help you address the unique things to watch out for when purchasing a waterfront home.

Would love to assist you, just let me know how!
Debbi Tinker
Keller Williams
813-263-0932
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Mark.
As you know, waterfront is a very selective criteria by itself.
Next we need to know what type of water front. Canal, Lake Tarpon, pond, intercoastal or those Big Water views of the Gulf of Mexico. If you are anticipating the 'Big Water View of the Gulf of Mexico you will need to be on the barrier Islands between St Petersburg and Tarpon Springs. Then we must consider the boat situation. Gulf of Mexico and boat dock are incompatible.

All of these variable do have a influence on the price. However, waterfront (generic) is possible at the $500,000 value range. Upscale, pristine, impressive homes, will require an investment of a bit more capital.

Take a look at what availabe on the local MLS.
http://www.RealEstateMadeEZ.us

Best of success to finding your waterfront home.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://www.RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Natasja Meli…, , Tampa, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
According to my clientele, a couple of them.
Everyones taste and desires are different. Because of that I would offer you a consultation to find out what yours are!
My name is Natasja Melinger, PA with Prudential Tropical Realty. You can reach me at 813.574.6257
Brenda Marre…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Good morning Mark! The Tampa Bay area is vast and includes many different bodies of water. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your needs and preferences in greater detail so I may more accurately respond to your question. You may reach me on cell at 813-404-2996.
Allen & Pani…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Probably the best areas for that price range is Dana Shores and Sweet water areas in Tamap-all other waterfront in the nicer areas are more expensive-please call me if you would like more details-
Eric Panico
The Toni Everett Company
813-846-2998