What areas in San Diego are likely to appreciate in the next 5 years?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Mar 9, 2012

What potential local factors could contribute to this appreciation?

Note: Trulia Question of the Day is popular question being discussed in local markets. We'll featured best answers in consumer monthly digest.

Answers

5
Chris Gorno, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Fri Mar 9, 2012
I would predict all areas of San diego will appreciate within the next 5 years. In general the condo market gets hit the hardest and is the last to recover. Single Family Homes appreciate quicker. There will always be a demand for Coastal Communities in San Diego. Inventory is shrinking in most areas and we are experiencing somewhat of a shift. Many areas across the country like Austin, Texas, are seeing the market improve quite well.The Real Estate Market is very cyclical, we are just not accustomed to seeing such a freefall and collapse that we just experienced...but it has always recovered in the past. San Diego is ON SALE and it is time to buy and own your piece, or according to Warren Buffet buy as many pieces as you can!
Web Reference:  http://www.ChrisGorno.com
Chris Keller, Agent, Del Mar, CA
Fri Mar 9, 2012
I don't believe you can go wrong in the north county coastal communities such as Del Mar and Carmel Valley. Excellent schools and proximity to the beach are key aspects for appreciation.
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Just when I want to answer a question like this, I'll see a listing in a great community like Poway or something, that shows me that sellers are still having a hard time selling. In San Diego, the only place that makes sense to predict would be the beach, and I've seen some great deals there too!
Bud Meacham, Agent, SAN JOSE, CA
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Poway is a great area along with the school system everyone wants. I have a new listing coming up soon in Poway. Visit me online listed below.
Web Reference:  http://www.soldbybud.com
Janet McCart…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Mar 16, 2012
Look for areas that have great school districts ( Poway Unified School District and San Dieguito) and then look for areas that are near the coast. These areas will definitely hold their value and increase.
Areas that are gaining in value and will rise in the future are great value areas, like San Marcos, Escondido and Santee. These areas are attracting First Time Home Buyers because of their affordability. Buyers can find homes that have backyards, garages and are in good condition.
Demand will drive the prices up.