What areas in Las Vegas are likely to appreciate in the next 5 years?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Mar 9, 2012

What potential local factors could contribute to this appreciation?

Note: Trulia Question of the Day is popular question being discussed in local markets. We'll featured best answers in consumer monthly digest.

Answers

11
Steve Matthe…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Mar 9, 2012
In a word - ALL. Las Vegas has been so depressed that it is easy to state without equivocation that ALL areas of the Valley will go up in value in the next 5 years.
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Mar 9, 2012
top APPRECIATION ZIP codes in Clark County
89014 89108 89015 89121 89110 89030 89101 89117 89115 89119 89123
89103 .....

DAVID COOPER 702-499-7037
DON'T MISS "FREE" LIST HUD PROPERTIES+ GOVERNMENT FORECLOSURES. SEE WEB
Matthew D'Er…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Mar 9, 2012
My wife and I currently manage over 350 homes/condos and work with buyers/investors daily. We've lived in Vegas since 1976 so we know Las Vegas very well. I would suggest you focus your search to: Summerlin west of Rainbow between Tropicana and Vegas Dr. to the North.
South West: Southern Highlands area south of Blue Diamond. South: Green Valley, Green Valley Ranch, 7 Hills, Silverado Ranch. We focus our investors in the areas with the good schools, close to employment centers and "Master Planned" communities for quality of life. Call any time. Matt and Kim.

Matthew D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
Suzie Marqua…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Mar 9, 2012
That is a very good question. We all wish we had the answer. My personal opinion would be that the most desirable areas will be the areas that come back first. We know that Summerlin is used as a model for planned communities around the country. The parks, the walking trails, the community centers and all the amenities of Summerlin and close surrounding areas my be the areas to watch. Other areas that are a quick commute to the Las Vegas gaming corridor may also be areas to consider. I hope I was able to help answer your question .
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Mar 13, 2012
Higher gas prices and good schools are creating winning and losing neighborhoods. The distance from work, usually the "Strip" effects someone's purchasing decision. And good public schools are another major consideration.

DON'T MISS FREE LIST HUD PROPERTIES + GOVERNMENT FORECLOSURES at Drastic DISCOUNTs. SEE WEB
Jaime Irving, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Mar 13, 2012
Let's hope all of them. As everyone is aware the market seems to have hit rock bottom. We are in a lot of trouble if homes continue to depreciate in any part of the valley. Obviously some areas will appreciate more than others, but the best thing would to contact an agent who is knowledgeable of the entire valley, not just specific areas. Being a Las Vegas native I have seen the Las Vegas valley appreciate and depreciate over the past 27 years. I am well versed on the different areas of town and know how to direct buyers to the right place depending on what they are looking for in a home, whether it be for an investment property, owner occupied, or vacation home.

Jaime Irving
Sellstate Neighborhood Realty
702-480-7191
Jaime.Irving.LV@gmail.com
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Investors from all over the world are finding single family houses with huge casg flow, and high demand. Inventories are shrinking for well located 3+2 houses with decent yards.

DAVID COOPER
Chris Miller, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Let's hope they all do. However, prior to the crash of the real estate market the areas that were appreciating the fastest lied outside of the I215 Beltway. This is a likely scenario again. So this would mean southern Green Valley and Anthem areas. The Southwest part of the valley and western part of Summerlin will also likely have good appreciation. There are also certain neighborhoods in the Northwest that will likely see some good appreciation as well. In today’s market the availability and competition over homes in these areas is already on the rise. Good Luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.VegasMiller.com
Ivana Alexan…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Anywhere you buy a property for less then the cost to build. I have a number of such properties in different areas with different prices.
Write me an email to request my list at alexanderivana@yahoo.com.
Ivana
Rena Levy, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Mar 9, 2012
I have an appreciation chart by zip code and will be happy to send it to you if you send me your email.
I expect most of the area to appreciate since most of the properties in the Clark County are selling for less than building coast. Some areas will appreciate more than others BUT most likely all areas will appreciate in value.
Buying RIGHT is another key to selling high. Just like any other business..buy low and sell high. Just look for properties that are being offered for a great deal.
My clients are buying properties for less than current market value, that are in major need of repairs, we provide them the licensed professional constructors for really low low prices and than rent the property for between 10-18% monthly return.

Give me a call or email me and I'll be happy to meet you.

Rena Levy
Broker/Associate
Realty Executives of Nevada
702-612-7099
cvegashomes@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.cvegashomes.com
Barbara Rich…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Mar 9, 2012
My dear questioner.............if any Realtor can tell you what areas are likely to appreciate in Las Vegas in the next 5 years, they would have a crystal ball..........and would also be on their way to being wealthy. No one has the ability to time or predict the real estate market. Market trends are an educated guess method of forecasting the future markets but even that wasn't enough to predict the downturn here, so in other words, it just isn't possible.

Barbara Richie